GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Under the floor, behind the front passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
For future reference in case this turns up in searches, the FAQ sticky has pictures & details on this topic.

Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same. My '64 Corvair had a drop-in holder/pocket for the battery in the rear of the car (motor was there also :)), and it is under the rear seat in the 99+ Bonneville and my '94 BMW.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Speaking of how funny that is the batteries used to be under the floor board in most vehicles made in the 30's and 40's. The 49 GMC pickup I had when I was a kid had the battery under the floor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
For future reference in case this turns up in searches, the FAQ sticky has pictures & details on this topic.

Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same. My '64 Corvair had a drop-in holder/pocket for the battery in the rear of the car (motor was there also :)), and it is under the rear seat in the 99+ Bonneville and my '94 BMW.
Gotta love those Beemers, alot of them had there batterys in the back, and why? im not sure, I mean in the Acadia theres no room really under the hood, but most beemers are ok,

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
At least until you put a Gen 3 V8 with turbo in there. Tends to eat up the real estate. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Our '87 Audi 5000S has the battery under the floorboard, but I think it's behind the driver. Can't remember, it's been a very long time since I've driven that car. At the time, I thought "how weird" and then when I bought the Acadia, I still thought "how weird" LOL I'm so used to the battery being under the hood. *shrugs*

·
Registered
428 Posts
This location is actually better for the battery. Under the hood gets really hot. Extreme heat and cold is the worst enemy of a battery. This location should give the battery a longer than average life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts