GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took delivery of my Acadia and as usual, I did my normal nosing around when I got it home. Something that I did not notice when I looked under the hood at the dealership was that the battery was not located in the engine compartment.

Can anyone tell me where the battery is located? The user manual refers you to a page showing the location of things under the hood, but the battery is no where to be found. Also, my dash battery indicator varies from about the 13 amps area to almost 15. Has anyone else noticed the fluctuation?

Also, how would I find out the build date of my vehicle? I ordered it around Jan 20 and took delivery Mar 13.

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
You should also note-- in case of a need to jump your car or another, there is a positive terminal under the hood for that purpose and then you use a body ground (I think there is a pin for ground under there too.)

·
Registered
259 Posts
And to answer your last question, the fluctuation in battery amps is normal. Someone answered that on another thread on here. You can use the search feature at the top to find it if you need to. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
mitchl said:
You should also note-- in case of a need to jump your car or another, there is a positive terminal under the hood for that purpose and then you use a body ground (I think there is a pin for ground under there too.)
Your correct, there is a ground connection under hood as well. The positive connection is attached to the side of the Fuse Panel on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The build date should be on the sticker on the drivers' side door jamb. It should show the month and year (i.e. 4/07).

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your replies to my posting. They have been very helpful. ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts