GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 SLT 1. I’ve had it a little over a year and had to get a new battery. It was under warranty. Anyone elses battery life not last? I thought car batteries were suppose to last years. The lady at the dealership said they have been having a lot of problems with batteries.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had to replace the one in my '19 (purchased 3/19, build date 9/18) last month due to a bad cell. My Acadia sat at the dealer for 6 months before purchase so I suspect a factor in it's demise was dealer neglect before I bought it.

Here's a link to the symptoms I was experiencing if you're interested: No start - dead battery

I did notice the new battery was different than the original. Replacement was a true ACDelco Gold 42 month ( Gold (Professional) 42 Month Battery | Auto Parts | ACDelco ). I don't know what was originally in the vehicle but it had a red case with no visible lettering.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have a 2019 SLT 1. I’ve had it a little over a year and had to get a new battery. It was under warranty. Anyone elses battery life not last? I thought car batteries were suppose to last years. The lady at the dealership said they have been having a lot of problems with batteries.
That was before they became rolling computer networks.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I had to replace the one in my '19 (purchased 3/19, build date 9/18) last month due to a bad cell. My Acadia sat at the dealer for 6 months before purchase so I suspect a factor in it's demise was dealer neglect before I bought it.

Here's a link to the symptoms I was experiencing if you're interested: No start - dead battery

I did notice the new battery was different than the original. Replacement was a true ACDelco Gold 42 month ( Gold (Professional) 42 Month Battery | Auto Parts | ACDelco ). I don't know what was originally in the vehicle but it had a red case with no visible lettering.
Interesting. Our 2019 Acadia SLT-1 (build date 4-11-2019) has a black case, ACDelco catalogue #4180 48HPG and a manufacture date of 3/2019. The specs read like the 42 month gold Battery... 660 CCA, 80AH, etc all printed on top of the battery.
Perhaps there was a supply problem back in 2018 and they sourced some batteries from another source?

So far, the battery seems fine. We did not drive the Acadia a lot last winter nor since this March so it sits in the garage. I do put a Schumacher 1.5 amp battery maintainer on it if we don't intend using the Acadia for over 1 week and all winter long both my truck and Acadia have a maintainer on them if we not used for 3 days or more.

Picture of battery model in Acadia - - - from another GM owner.

Battery like in 2019 Acadia.JPG - - Click To Enlarge Picture - -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts