GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am praying someone can help Im lost at what to do and so frustrated. I have read about this problem all over the internet and on here but never anything with the cause or how to fix it(not that I’ll be able to afford to do it if I find out). Honestly it seems so common I don’t understand why there is not a recall.

I bought my 2011 Acadia a year ago with only 62,000 miles and about 8 months later problems started. First while driving the stabilitrack light would come on on it’s own and the engine power would reduce so I couldn’t accelerate. I actually had this happen in the middle lane of a busy highway I still don’t know how I made it to the breakdown lane. Usually if you shut it off, waited a few minutes and start it it would be fine. This problem lasted about a month then turned into the battery draining while driving until dead.

When this happens a jump won’t work the battery has to be taken out and recharged. It will drive it fine for a couple days, couple weeks whatever it decides and then it would happen again but the first issue went away once the battery issue started. Once it was summer I ran my truck for 3 months with no issues. The first day it was really cold it started again I was driving the battery started draining and died and had to be recharged. It would be fine for a while and happen again so I bought a new battery even though the first was tested fine.

It started happening more and more frequently and when you put the 100% charged battery in it reads on the dash less than 50% charged and dies quicker and quicker. The dash says service battery recharging system but the alternator tests fine. I now am driving around with 3 charged batteries so I can switch them out when one dies and pray I make it home whenever I’m out with my children.

I don’t have money to keep trying to get it diagnosed and if anybody ever figures it out pray it’s not an expensive fix. I’m lost at what to do I know if I trade in, it will be a huge loss. I paid $15,000 a year ago and being a single mom this is a hit I can’t afford but I need to have a reliable vehicle. This truck is taking the little sanity I have left away.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Who has been working on the vehicle to try resolving the problem with it?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Same question as Speleos, who has been working on it?

You have a 10 year old vehicle. Problems are to be anticipated. Has it been scanned for trouble codes? Did you get any sort of service history when you bought the vehicle.

The problem you are experiencing could have numerous causes. Not sure what you were reading on the internet or why you think there should be a recall.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
$15K seems high for an '11 unless it came with a really good warranty. Nothing?
Driving around with 3 batteries? Really?
Sorry to be negative, but if this is for real you need to get the vehicle to a good shop, maybe a dealer.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
$15K seems high for an '11 unless it came with a really good warranty. Nothing?
Driving around with 3 batteries? Really?
Sorry to be negative, but if this is for real you need to get the vehicle to a good shop, maybe a dealer.
Depends on the trim. Denali trim might bring close to that retail. A lesser trim level and I would agree with you.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
"100% charged battery in it reads on the dash less than 50% charged and dies quicker and quicker. "

There is NO readout on the dash that tells you anything about the state of charge of the battery.

To me everything that you are writing tells me you have a bad charging system. Who is it that tells you otherwise?

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts