GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Took my Acadia to the gm dealer they diagnose and told me battery alternator arr good. And the battery drainage is as it is required to run the computer and radio etc. Not seen any drainage. Told me that something wokeup and causing the drain. Still puzzled what causing it. ?
Hi did you ever get your battery draining issue fixed, mine is doing it now.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The member's battery problem was supposedly remedied by removing an aftermarket remote start kit. They haven't posted any more about a battery draining issue since then.

Have you had the battery and charging system checked by someone who is knowledgeable and has the proper equipment?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The member's battery problem was supposedly remedied by removing an aftermarket remote start kit. They haven't posted any more about a battery draining issue since then.

Have you had the battery and charging system checked by someone who is knowledgeable and has the proper equipment?
its at the Dealer now, no changes were ever made to the car, battery was replaced still same results, Dealer cant find any issues they say, 4 times I had to open the door with key because locks were dead too and jump start with another vehicle. no error codes or alerts. I contacted to GM of the dealer for help, I hope they do a deep diagnostics, instead of just saying we don't see anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2015 Acadia that with no indications went stone cold in July of this year. Had it towed to the dealership and they ran diagnostic tests. Alternator was good, no codes came up. Declared the battery had a faulty cell and after $300+, we were on the road again. Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon. Wife calls me and the Acadia is dead again (less than 5 months on their premium battery). Jump starting was a no go. Pulled the battery and took it to the dealership with the receipt from July. They were going to test it to rule things out, but gave me a new replacement at no charge to me. The service manager asked me if my vehicle had HIGH INTENSITY LIGHTING. The (HIL) uses a fuse or relay that apparently vehicles equipped with standard Halogen lights still has, but it draws current from the battery and drains it over time. They are working on getting me a definitive answer whether or not pull that fuse out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Took my Acadia to the gm dealer they diagnose and told me battery alternator arr good. And the battery drainage is as it is required to run the computer and radio etc. Not seen any drainage. Told me that something wokeup and causing the drain. Still puzzled what causing it. ?
Same here, Dealer just made a lot of excuses, I had changed my reverse bulbs to LED, so I put new stock bulbs back in and it hasn't happen yet, the Onstar thing might be a issue too, or WIFI looking all night for connection?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited by Moderator)
Yes, the issue was with the darned third party remote starter kit, I removed the wire from the antenna, Attached is the image, It gave me a lot of pain, and I woke up in the night to see and some thing triggering the device to activate every 4-6 mins causing the battery to be drained till morning. and that happens only on my driveway if I park somewhere else it was fine. Maybe I have some ghosts in my house. anyway now I am good no issues afterward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
still no luck.... having the same issue. battery draining dealer could not figure out the issue. I am really very disappointed. Let me talk to my lawyer and see if I have any option to return it back.
Thanks Speleos... I will sure see If that option is available from my local GM Dealer
: 118869"]
My 2010 Acadia experiences the same battery drain. My tech said there were over 10 relays that remain active after the 10 minute "time-out" feature. If any one of them sticks, it can create that drain. If they only stick intermittently, it is very difficult to identify the problem. I bought myself a jump pack that I now carry in the my professional grade vehicle. The battery manufacturers are adding models with increased CCA to their line-ups but I think an increase in reserve capacity (deep cycle) is what the lambdas need, let alone a design change that limits the active relays after time-out.
My Onstar is not active, but as ahmed001 states, Onstar reacts when the button is pushed. Is the large fuse in the battery compartment for the Onstar? My friend pulled that fuse in her Outlook concerned the ex was tracking her somehow. Her car runs, and everything works. How can a person kill all power to the Onstar system?
This issue is going on with a lot of these suvs. Seems they're notorious for it. Why is that guy or girl labeled a "super moderator" when they're obviously more of a troll than a helpful mod!

·
Registered
556 Posts
This issue is going on with a lot of these suvs. Seems they're notorious for it. Why is that guy or girl labeled a "super moderator" when they're obviously more of a troll than a helpful mod!
Play nice...
He is very helpful on many posts. He is also a moderator, not a GM know-it-all (although he knows plenty IMO). I appreciate his work.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with my Acadia Denali 2017 model. We bought it in sept with 10K miles on it. The problem started about a month ago after some months of starting just fine. Now the battery drains once a week on average - it has happened three times, about a week apart after sitting overnight or all day at work. The dealer replaced the battery after the second time. It's now back at the dealer for another look. My car may still be under lemon law in CA although I honestly hope they would just fix it this time because I like the car other than this problem. But if the car routinely won't start then it's going to be replaced no question.
I’m having the same issue with my 2018 did you ever figure out what the problem was?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 2018 did you ever figure out what the problem was?
If you have not been driving the Acadia regularly or just short trips, the battery may not be getting sufficient recharge time.
Otherwise, it is possible that the battery is weak or loosing a cell. It is not the uncommon anymore for a battery to go bad in 2 years or even less. Especially if the Acadia sat on a car lot discharging for months before it was sold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I figured out my issue. After a installing a New battery that didn't help. I remembered that I installed LED backup light bulbs back when my problem started. I read in a different forum somebody had installed LED bulbs and their battery started draining the battery. So I put back the Factory Bulbs and the problem stopped.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I figured out my issue. After a installing a New battery that didn't help. I remembered that I installed LED backup light bulbs back when my problem started. I read in a different forum somebody had installed LED bulbs and their battery started draining the battery. So I put back the Factory Bulbs and the problem stopped.
Good that you remembered. The Acadia does not like LEDs in the back up lights for sure. They apparently don't shut off all the way and cause a continuous small current flow. The vehicle electronics need to "see" a bulb filament in that location and apparently it can mess with the circuit and not shut down all the way.
In the Owner's Manual it instructs not to install LEDS that are not originally stock.
From P.309 of my 2019 Owners Manual:
Do not replace incandescent
bulbs with aftermarket LED
replacement bulbs. This can
cause damage to the vehicle
electrical system.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts