GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Took my Acadia to the gm dealer they diagnose and told me battery alternator arr good. And the battery drainage is as it is required to run the computer and radio etc. Not seen any drainage. Told me that something wokeup and causing the drain. Still puzzled what causing it. ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi. Took my Acadia to the gm dealer they diagnose and told me battery alternator arr good. And the battery drainage is as it is required to run the computer and radio etc. Not seen any drainage. Told me that something wokeup and causing the drain. Still puzzled what causing it. ?
What model year is your Acadia? Have you made any modifications to the vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
@ahmed001, are you subscribed to OnStar's diagnostic service? There was some discussion years ago about OnStar leaving the VCIM awake and causing mystery drains on the battery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its 2015 sle. No modification came with after market remote srarter and rust moduke. Dealer told me it was good when it was there and sold me rust module so maybe it is causing it but gm checked for paricitic drain and everything is good. Will take it to dealer and ask them to remove the rust module

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What model year is your Acadia? Have you made any modifications to the vehicle?
Its 2015 sle. No modification came with after market remote srarter and rust moduke. Dealer told me it was good when it was there and sold me rust module so maybe it is causing it but gm checked for paricitic drain and everything is good. Will take it to dealer and ask them to remove the rust module

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ahmed001, are you subscribed to OnStar's diagnostic service? There was some discussion years ago about OnStar leaving the VCIM awake and causing mystery drains on the battery.
No speleos not subsribe to it. When i clicked thw button it says that i am not subscribe and press one more time for subscription which I dint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2010 Acadia experiences the same battery drain. My tech said there were over 10 relays that remain active after the 10 minute "time-out" feature. If any one of them sticks, it can create that drain. If they only stick intermittently, it is very difficult to identify the problem. I bought myself a jump pack that I now carry in the my professional grade vehicle. The battery manufacturers are adding models with increased CCA to their line-ups but I think an increase in reserve capacity (deep cycle) is what the lambdas need, let alone a design change that limits the active relays after time-out.
My Onstar is not active, but as ahmed001 states, Onstar reacts when the button is pushed. Is the large fuse in the battery compartment for the Onstar? My friend pulled that fuse in her Outlook concerned the ex was tracking her somehow. Her car runs, and everything works. How can a person kill all power to the Onstar system?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is the large fuse in the battery compartment for the Onstar? My friend pulled that fuse in her Outlook concerned the ex was tracking her somehow. Her car runs, and everything works. How can a person kill all power to the Onstar system?
Can you be more specific? There are lots of fuses in the fusebox. However, I don't recall seeing a single fuse in either fuse compartment (underhood/cabin) labeled Onstar.

I think there is an inline fuse before the VCIM in the rear that would shut all power to the Onstar system only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still having the issue after removing the rust module.... that car sucks.... will take it to the mechanic to check in detail what causing the drain. Was really a stupid decision to buy GM. Will Regret it always.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Still having the issue after removing the rust module.... that car sucks.... will take it to the mechanic to check in detail what causing the drain. Was really a stupid decision to buy GM. Will Regret it always.
Why blame it on the car when it's obvious some aftermarket hack worked on it (referring to your previous threads)? What is a "rust module?"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To save ur vehicle to get rusted. Read it after that its useless. I am really frustrated took to the gm service center they couldnot found anything. I hope my mechanic will find something. Else i am not seeing myself boosting every day that **** vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem with my Acadia Denali 2017 model. We bought it in sept with 10K miles on it. The problem started about a month ago after some months of starting just fine. Now the battery drains once a week on average - it has happened three times, about a week apart after sitting overnight or all day at work. The dealer replaced the battery after the second time. It's now back at the dealer for another look. My car may still be under lemon law in CA although I honestly hope they would just fix it this time because I like the car other than this problem. But if the car routinely won't start then it's going to be replaced no question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have onstar activated. in case someone was going to ask about that. And no aftermarket add ons . Ahmed you might just have a bad car - like mine. I hope they fix yours.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still no luck.... having the same issue. battery draining dealer could not figure out the issue. I am really very disappointed. Let me talk to my lawyer and see if I have any option to return it back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am having the same problem with my Acadia Denali 2017 model. We bought it in sept with 10K miles on it. The problem started about a month ago after some months of starting just fine. Now the battery drains once a week on average - it has happened three times, about a week apart after sitting overnight or all day at work. The dealer replaced the battery after the second time. It's now back at the dealer for another look. My car may still be under lemon law in CA although I honestly hope they would just fix it this time because I like the car other than this problem. But if the car routinely won't start then it's going to be replaced no question.
I am not lucky as you are. I am stuck with the vehicle. :crying:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. you guys are really very helpful. Draining issue is now fixed. It was due to the remote starter something sending signals to it and waking up the vehicle in the night draining the battery. Removed the connection from the remote starter antenna last night. I just checked the vehicle and it starts without any issue...

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Thanks everyone. you guys are really very helpful. Draining issue is now fixed. It was due to the remote starter something sending signals to it and waking up the vehicle in the night draining the battery. Removed the connection from the remote starter antenna last night. I just checked the vehicle and it starts without any issue...
Hope that fixes it for good. It's taken one month and several different threads to discuss this one problem and finally(?) see a resolution. If you miss the remote start, see if the dealer can retrofit a GM remote system in the car. It's young enough that those parts may still be available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hope that fixes it for good. It's taken one month and several different threads to discuss this one problem and finally(?) see a resolution. If you miss the remote start, see if the dealer can retrofit a GM remote system in the car. It's young enough that those parts may still be available.

Thanks Speleos... I will sure see If that option is available from my local GM Dealer

1 - 20 of 34 Posts