GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recall # 07133 I was told by the dealer that this has something to do with the heater.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It only applies to models with heated windshield washer fluid. The recall is to replace the heater module for the washer fluid, as an internal issue may lead to a discharged battery.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Isnt that recall from Feb/March. Number sounds familiar.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just going on what my service rep told me two weeks ago. It wouldn't surprise me if it was released in march and they just didn't do it. But who knows.......................

NY_Joe said:

·
Registered
185 Posts
NY_Joe said:
yup. that's the one. had to do with the heated washer fluid as DenaliTech mentioned.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could someone please point me to a source to substantiate that this Recall was out last march. I want to have a word with that service writer. Seems I didn't need to go through two weeks of no car at all. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just talked to the service manager at the new dealer I will be using and he gave me a date of 5-22-07 That means they could have done that work two moths ago when it was in the shop back then. Perhaps then they wouldn't have scratched my paint all up too. Which I can now see is still a problem, just been waxed real good.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Maybe it was a TSB then

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NY_Joe said:
Maybe it was a TSB then
maybe. That would make sense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles-Battery Drain/No Start-Expires with Base Warranty #07133A - (05/24/2007)

Its technically a "Product Enhancement", which means that its not a mandatory recall, however, product enhancements are supposed to be done the next time the car arrives for any type of service until the base warranty expires. So if you show up for an oil change, and this shows up on your VIS as an effected vehicle, you should be leaving with it complete (or at least with parts on order).

Mind you, this is only for vehicles with heated windshield washer fluid.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't routinely go to the dealer for any service. I do my own oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

Should I make a special appointment for this? I have heated washer fluid, but have not yet experienced any battery drain problem.

Perhaps I haven't really had an opportunity for the problem to surface, as the longest time without starting the car has probably only been 1-2 days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
PM me the last 8 of your VIN and I'll see if your eligible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I'll do it tonight, when I'm home and can look up the VIN.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts