GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I am still looking for something that is consuming my battery when I am in underground parking. I guess someone added some kind of tracking device, I Dont have contact to previous owner.
Can you share Pictures of your battery and all wires that are there? Or can you check my photo and let me know if all of those are factory ones?
It is 2010 SLT FWD

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
You say this happens when in underground parking. Does the battery seem to drain when you are parked elsewhere for that length of time?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It can stay near my house for one month and it is fine. One night under ground and battery is gone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Near your house, in a garage or out in open? Trying to simulate your underground parking away from house to parking near your house.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, that's amazing it can run you down in a day. Sure lends itself to a device trying to search for signal like you say. You might be better off looking at the fuse box connections under the hood ( I assume there's one there, I have a 2019 and it's all under the hood ( Battery) ) Look for non-OEM looking wires and or connections.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out in open. It happens 3 times in two different underground garages. Never happened enywhere else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi.
I am still looking for something that is consuming my battery when I am in underground parking. I guess someone added some kind of tracking device, I Dont have contact to previous owner.
Can you share Pictures of your battery and all wires that are there? Or can you check my photo and let me know if all of those are factory ones?
It is 2010 SLT FWD
Get a decent multimeter or ammeter, 0 to 10 amps or 20 amps. Park in an underground garage where you know it was happening, disconnect the positive battery lead from the battery and with jumper wires connect the meter to the battery positive cable and the battery lead to the car. note there will be current flowing with the doors open etc because of interior lights. put the meter where you can observe it and close all the doors. with all the lights off and no keys in the ignition the drain on the battery should be very small, less than 1 amp probably. watch the meter for a few minutes and note if there are any fluctuations. Shouldn't be any. now open the hood, if it has a light, disconnect it. while noting the meter reading, pull 1 fuse at a time watching the meter, then replace it and keep going until you see a drop in the amp reading, note the circuit and keep going until you have gone through all the fuses because more than one circuit may be involved. Now if you find 1 circuit only, look up what all that fuses services. A wiring diagram is real helpful if you know how to read them because the owners manuals description of what each fuse services is not always complete or correct. Now you know what devices may be causing the drain and can try to isolate them one at a time until you find the culprit. I do have to admit the fact that it only happens in an underground garage is puzzling. The other possibility is you fed your Gremlins after midnight and there is no hope for your vehicle!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it only happens in underground parking, examine the things that might be affected by that, i.e. the daytime running lights would have switched over to Headlights because of the dark surroundings of the underground parking. Maybe there is something wrong with that circuit that wont shut off after you have left the car. Try turning off this option when you park under ground or stick around and watch to see if your lights shut off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts