GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's find out what are vehicle date (month) of production and model of the vehicle affected by this disease.
I bought my Acadia SLT FWD in Noveber 1st. Date (month) of manufacture August 2007. I have 1200 miles on the car. The car use for 3-4 days a week, rest of week parked. Sometime 3 days in row it stays at home. I don't have issue so far.
May be we have a case.
It may be problem for fleet, that have 120 v output. The vehicle should have transformer for 120 V. May be it ground both sides, meaning low and high sides. That how can be drain battery. When you go to the dealer ask them to check resistance to ground for low and high sides on this transformer.

Thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
I started a very informal poll regarding water leaks and dead batteries. The voting has been low, but as I suspected the SLT's with sunroofs have almost all the water leaks. No big surprise here, but not one SLE so far has had a dead battery. The polling sample is way too small for any real conclusions, but it does point somewhat to option content more than battery failure unless the two different models don't use the same battery. It seems the SLT has some kind of draw that causes the battery to fail.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Our SLT is pretty well loaded, but it doesn't leak and there's been no battery issue. The Ipod charger is plugged into the 120v all the time...

edit...door sticker says mfg 05/07...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an SLT and it is loaded but without the sunroof. I have had the battery drain problem once. It happened two weeks ago after sitting outside of the garage on a clear night and the temperature went down to about 18 deg. F. There was a heavy frost that night and the next morning there was not enough power left in the battery to turn the engine over.

The dealer could not find a problem and could only recharge the battery. My vehicle was made in April, '07 and it was not involved with the washer heater recall or the airbag recall. This phantom problem leaves me concerned that it could happen again at any time.

I'm now carrying an extra battery and jumper cables on the floor by the second row seats (not in the rear by the liftgate) because if the Acadia's battery is drained the liftgate cannot be opened. I'm also turning off the audio/Nav system and HVAC before shutting down the vehicle just in the hope of turning off an electrical component that may stay active when the ignition is off.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My battery issues happened several times on my 2007 Acadia until they replaced the battery. They finally replaced the whole car with a 2008 because of water leaks. I think the battery issues would have recurred but not until the new battery started to die and that takes awhile. I just don't think that replacing the battery would have addressed the problems in the long run. The production date on the 2007 was also April 07.

·
Registered
956 Posts
We all have to remember that owners that visit this forum usually need information or are having a problem with their car. GM has sold thousands and thousands of the Acadia' and it's siblings. I'm sure that a lot of the problems discussed here only effects a very small percentage of the actual cars on the road. It will be interesting to see how reliability ratings hold up for this vehicle.

·
Registered
384 Posts
big bear craig said:
We all have to remember that owners that visit this forum usually need information or are having a problem with their car. GM has sold thousands and thousands of the Acadia' and it's siblings. I'm sure that a lot of the problems discussed here only effects a very small percentage of the actual cars on the road. It will be interesting to see how reliability ratings hold up for this vehicle.
I just met a lady in the parking lot of CVS last night with an 07 Acadia parked beside me. I jumped out with a big grin to ask her how she liked hers. Turns out, she hates it because of all the problems she has had. She never heard of this forum BTW. Wonder how many others are out there having issues that are NOT on the forum. Just a thought....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine was built in May. Had 5 Dead Batteries, Bad radio recption, HUD failed, Hands free calling worked maybe 50% of time, Lift gate would automatically open, AC would shut off when "Power Saver Activated" showed on display, Transmission would slam into a low gear for no reason, Transmission didnt know i was driving up a hill & just keep changing up thru the gears. Dealer couldnt find anything wrong. They are replacing it with a 2008. What will all these problems i am reading about do to RESALE VALUE?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an '08 SLT-2 AWD. Built 1st week of September. No sunroof or DVD, otherwise loaded. The dead battery happened to me this week, after being parked in the garage for 18 hours. Dealer says they couldn't find anything wrong. I told them about this thread, and they called GM with it. GM told them to check a few things and they still couldn't find a problem. I am very worried about this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a silver SLE, d.o.p. 03/07; 19874 km on it (Don't MAKE me convert that!!), dead battery once so far. No suroofs (ves??) upgraded stereo and the DVD player (just two slots, not the six-cd), no water leaks (so far, but it hasnt been in the rain and its too cold to wash but I am planning to check), no nav system. Tranny flashed before notice arrived(thank you to dealer) but no difference noted. Battery has not caused problem since (3 or 4 months).
Sorry big bearcraig
NOt only the SLT's!

·
Registered
812 Posts
vic49 said:
big bear craig said:
I just met a lady in the parking lot of CVS last night with an 07 Acadia parked beside me. I jumped out with a big grin to ask her how she liked hers. Turns out, she hates it because of all the problems she has had. She never heard of this forum BTW. Wonder how many others are out there having issues that are NOT on the forum. Just a thought....
:ditto: it can go either way, like in my case, ive seen lots of Acadia in our area but when i search the forum for any members from NW Indiana, only a couple replied. We just have to wait for the reliability ratings conducted by private research groups or Consumer report.

BTW, of all the car magazine i read and all auto internet sites i been to, its interesting to note that GM is supplying all of them an Enclave for their long term test vehicle, not an Acadia/Outlook..... even though its the most popular product to date from GMC. Are they afraid that all of the issues about the Acadia will be exposed? dont they stand by the reliabilty and quality of their products? or are they just pushing the Enclave a little too much. IMHO ???

been to the Enclave forum and its good to found out theyre not having as many issues about their vehicle that the Outlook and the Acadia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
GM replaced my 2007 Acadia with a 2008 on 12/28/2007 for dead battery issues. It has been raining all day today 12/30/07. The new ACADIA is leaking water. Water is dripping in the window buttons on the drivers door.

·
Registered
812 Posts
thats freaking me out... whats your 08 build date?

·
Registered
118 Posts
just dropped mine off at the dealership (built 3/07) with a battery issue.

took the kids to soccer practice last night and watched a dvd for 30 minutes and read a book for 15 minutes (with the engine off). 30 minutes later, tried to start it up to go home, and had a dead battery. jumped it and got home ok, and it started ok this morning. i think the battery probably just has a dead cell, but since we are leaving in the morning to go to an out of town soccer tournament, i wanted this checked out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
badtranny said:
my 08 build date is 11/1...it vibrates too...and the transmission is a disaster.
Build date 11/13. No vibration-transmission is great. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Built date 08/07 for 2008 SLT2. Is at the dealer for a second battery failure. They are performing a complete check up of the system; ie hooking the car up and seeing if anything 'wakes up'. My wife has been after me for two days to get our lawyer to start the lemon law process. I tell her we need one more failure then we can go for it. I'll keep posting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As a continuation of the low/dead battery/no start issue. I just got my Acadia back from the dealer who had it from Monday afternoon until noon today. Found nothing therefore made no repairs. Did even consider TSB's and recalls. On well only one more incident and I can go the lemon law route. I say this reluctantly, but the dealer has not in my opinion responded to my request for help in resolving this problem.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Have you tried to call the GMC Customer Service toll free number? It's on the GMC web site. It hasn't worked for me, but it's only one phone call so it can't hurt.Some really nice people answer the phones, but the agents who actually handle the cases never called me back. At least you'd have it documented that you tried to get help.

Also, if going the Lemon Law route check the better Business Bureau web site,they have an on-line form you might be able to use instead of hiring a lawyer.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you that you don't need to go that route.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts