GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how this bottle made it into my garage, I have never used this stuff. The Mrs. maybe?

Label reads powerful citrus cleanser. It smells nice.
What the heck, I've been looking at these bugs since my trip to FL a month ago.

Started in a low painted area, then the headlights. Those bugs were really smashed into the paint, mirrors, lights and grill.
Washing alone wouldn't get rid of them. I left this stuff on a few seconds to soften the really caked on stuff.

Conclusion : Removes the bugs, leaves a nice shine.
Paint was very shiny. Looked as if it was clayed then glazed. javascript:void(0);
I just may use it on my other car to remove any impurities prior to glaze and wax.

Looks really cheap on their website.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I use the powder version of BKF and water to create a paste that I use with an old toothbrush to keep the inside of my exhaust tips clean. Does not scratch and leaves a nice shine to the chrome tips when done.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Izzycohen said:
WD40 also works well to remove bug guts.
How does it react with the paint and finish?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
How does it react with the paint and finish?
I've used WD40 as well with no harmful effects.

·
Registered
113 Posts
BrickLover said:
I don't know how this bottle made it into my garage, I have never used this stuff. The Mrs. maybe?

Label reads powerful citrus cleanser. It smells nice.
What the heck, I've been looking at these bugs since my trip to FL a month ago.

Started in a low painted area, then the headlights. Those bugs were really smashed into the paint, mirrors, lights and grill.
Washing alone wouldn't get rid of them. I left this stuff on a few seconds to soften the really caked on stuff.

Conclusion : Removes the bugs, leaves a nice shine.
Paint was very shiny. Looked as if it was clayed then glazed. javascript:void(0);
I just may use it on my other car to remove any impurities prior to glaze and wax.

Looks really cheap on their website.

Beware! It may have some fine grit in it and can scratch the clear coat.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
marc said:
Beware! It may have some fine grit in it and can scratch the clear coat.[/color]
This was my concern :-\

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
This was my concern :-\
There are bug and tar remover products in auto supply stores that do a fine job and are designed to be used on clear coat finishes. I've driven from the northeast to FL many times and those products are a must after one of those trips.

·
Super Moderator
22,026 Posts
Izzycohen said:
I'm told that WD40 is fish oil based. fish oil is not known to be harmful to paint.
It's petroleum based stuff - discussed fully in another thread.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Izzycohen said:
I'm told that WD40 is fish oil based. fish oil is not known to be harmful to paint.
Great for your arteries though. ;D

·
Super Moderator
22,026 Posts
mikemu said:
Great for your arteries though. ;D
Makes a great gullet lube as well!! ::)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts