GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Acadia in May 07, and was delighted with my XM radio. In fact, I was reduced to depend on XM for my musical entertainment because I soon discovered that the FM radio reception left alot to be desired!
Despite living in the Portland, OR metro area, all Portland based radio stations sound like there is static interference in the background. It is not a problem with the speakers, as my XM sound is just perfect.
My dealer re-set the radio to see if it would fix the problem, but it didn`t.

Also having the "service traction control/service stabilitrac/check engine light" problem others are on the other thread.... bringing it in to service for the third time tomorrow!
Oh yes, and bad reaction time in accelerating, and bad uphill performance...... sheeesh!

Anyone got the same radio reception problem as me?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have an '07 delivered in May as well, but have not experienced this problem. I am in central Ohio and both XM and FM sound great.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That is a bummer. I have seen that mentioned before and hope it is not a problem in my Acadia...when we get one!

Let me sing you a jingle you may be missing..."K103, K103, it's special to be with you, k103!" or are you more of a "KGON...Real. Classic. Rock." I miss Portland....

·
Registered
468 Posts
This was discussed a while ago. I have the same complaint on my 08 Enclave. Back when Pete Nico was monitoring the forum he mentioned that they were working on a "recalibration", but that was the last we heard. I don't know if there is another insider that can look into this or not. I had my Enclave into the dealer a week and a half ago and there was not any bulletin related to FM reception issues yet.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It would be nice to revive the old thread or get some updates here. Once the new trans reflash is available for the '07s, I want to take mine in for the both the reflash and the FM reception. Up to this point though there doesn't seem to be a definitive fix for the FM issue. I'm in Chicago so it doesn't have anything to do with owner location. Purely bad reception from either antenna or interference in the wires somewhere. I don't seem to get the punch from the highs and bass in FM mode. Pop in a CD though and WOW what a difference!! :thumb:

I might have to play around with this myself to see if I can investigate the issue...when do I have time for that though, ugh! :-[

·
Registered
542 Posts
Same radio problem here in Seattle. I would think that little stubby antenna would be the problem. Not sure what they can do to fix it. As GM seems heavily invested in XM radio, I sense a conspiracy! :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will have to keep an eye out for that fix it looks like :binky:

Does anyone know what the engine control system does? On star told me this evening that their diagnostic came up with a fault in the ECS, and that is why my check engine light is on. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Something tells me it is not in the antenna though. If you think about it, GM hasn't changed the design of the antenna an yet some people don't seem to have any problems and others do... :-\ I'm beginning to think there is something behind the dash that is shorting or loose and movement is causing it to have static? Probably a longshot, because I think I've had static with the car sitting still at a light. :banghead:

Zman: Haha you know I forgot that I started that thread too! :D I knew I had replied in regards to this topic, but forgot I started one. There's too much duplication on this forum to keep track of it all.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am new to cars with the satellite radio but isnt the FM antenna usually built into the rear window on newer cars? My last car was 10 years old and had a standard FM antenna. Maybe they are all combo antennas these days. i dont know.

Ditto on the reception going out at a standstill. The radio does not sound like static, the sound just fades in and out. Same thing though, just poor reception.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ditto from Binghamton, NY...although I've got an '07 Outlook with base stereo and no XM. I also have no turn signal bells through my stereo and the auto-volume compensation doesn't work. I too am hopeful there will be a fix, but without a TSB or something, my dealer is helpless.

I've looked at aftermarket options, but don't want to give up my steering wheel controls.

tys

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The FM reception in the 2008 Acadia that we got Monday 9/17 is poor as well. When I get a strong signal, the radio sounds fantastic, but overall the reception is really bad. XM has had no problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 07 acadia slt-2 with 8000 miles. It has been in the dealer 6 times for the poor fm reception. They have replaced everything from the back to the front including the radio twice. As far as a new recal, they tied one today and it is not any better. I am waiting on an engineer to call the dealer and see what the next repair is. Is anybody having this problem with the nav radios or is it just the the non-navs????? :help:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine is non-Nav, and I don't notice a significant problem, but I have been thinking about this. I had a Mustang GT convertible with the MACH audio, which sounded good, and I didn't think much about the reception, but when I took my wife's Saab wagon out and hit the seek button, I would notice that it picked up many stations that the Mustang went right past.

I also listen to the XM or CD's for the most part, so I may not be as sensitive to it. I drive new Impalas at work which have similar looking, but lower end stereos, which sound pretty good. They have the rear window antennas, which is a different "delivery" system for the FM signal. Interesting to see the occasional part from the same bin as the Acadia in the Impalas, they are really very nice cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 2008 im having the same problem. Deff not antenna as I replaced it with a 13" one to see if that would help. didn't at all lol anyone ever find out the fix?

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
FearlessRobb said:
I bought a 2008 im having the same problem. Deff not antenna as I replaced it with a 13" one to see if that would help. didn't at all lol anyone ever find out the fix?
Quality of radio reception varies greatly with the weather (both here and on the sun). Listen to a more powerful station or move closer to the radio station transmitter! :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Speleos said:
Quality of radio reception varies greatly with the weather (both here and on the sun). Listen to a more powerful station or move closer to the radio station transmitter! :eek:
Lmao its a Boston station the dealership is only 6 miles from Boston. if im not getting it there I don't think no matter how close I am it will get better. And for the stations I listen to its mainly 4 in the area that are the top ones and 2 of the 4 are static. I've live in the same spot all my life. owned, Chevy, Ford, Mazda. never had a reception problem till my acadai. other than that I love it though lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just installed some HID, so every time i turn my lights on radio starts to get a little static, goes away when i turn lights off. The only thing i could think off is the left HID ballast (facing the Acadia), zip-tide to the frame between fuse box and fender, ran wires back behind and across the top. Any help?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts