GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has the 2014 acadia denali and it wouldn't start anymore got it checked out by a couple shops and turns out the engine is locked up. My question gentlemen is does anyone know what other year engine would fit without any hassle. Also what other vehicles engines would fit our s acadia? I was told Cadillac cts, impalas, traverse, and a couple others but some of these guys seemed to not be fully sure

·
Super Moderator
22,466 Posts
Any 3.6L LLT (VIN code D) variant engine will work. The Buick Enclave and Chevy Traverse (up to 2017) also use that engine. Those would be the most direct replacement. Several other models use it, too, but accessories (i.e. A/C compressor. alternator, P/S pump) may be mounted a bit differently and could require some kind of parts swap. It would be best to look for low mileage engine from later years or a remanufactered one. Good luck.

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Modern engines have become very complex creatures, I personally would look for a reman before I went with used.

·
Super Moderator
22,466 Posts
... I personally would look for a reman before I went with used.
+.5 Remans usually come with a rather attractive guarantee. A problem arises if the part fails after the installer's workmanship guarantee expires - you could be paying twice for R&R of the failed part.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife has the 2014 acadia denali and it wouldn't start anymore got it checked out by a couple shops and turns out the engine is locked up. My question gentlemen is does anyone know what other year engine would fit without any hassle. Also what other vehicles engines would fit our s acadia? I was told Cadillac cts, impalas, traverse, and a couple others but some of these guys seemed to not be fully sure
How many miles were on your car?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm curious as well, since I have a 2014. No powertrain or driveline issues though (really no problems at all thus far, other than wear items).

I'd also be interested to know about its maintenance history.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About 127,000 miles, we've had it a year and since buying it I've made sure to stay on top of maintaining regular oil changes, and such. We gave it a tune up when we bought it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your advice, I've been shopping around for a reman engine, comparing prices and warranties etc. Hoping we can have it back on the road soon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
About 127,000 miles, we've had it a year and since buying it I've made sure to stay on top of maintaining regular oil changes, and such. We gave it a tune up when we bought it.
Thanks. So you didn't really know how it was treated beforehand. That gives me some piece of mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 2011 Enclave did that, dropped a valve. We bought a NEW engine, and mechanic put old intake on it. It ruined the valves in the New engine. We had a machine shop redo the heads, and when engine was assembled, it had metal particles in the oil. New engine was replaced under warranty, no refund for the valve job. Then cat converters and muffler were clogged with mess from the failure. They had to be replaced too.
I recommend replacing intake when replacing or rebuilding the 3.6 no matter what.
The new engine installed is the same block and moving parts for 2018, used old coils and injectors and starter. It seems more powerful than before. It is an updated engine, I was told. It runs fine, but I wish they had designed the car for a simpler V8 engine without the cams, intake and injectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts