GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I resorted used calliper but for some reason missed this part where brake oil hose is attached is bit damage anybody head experience installing something like this with this problem I took it off old gmc it was not leaking oil before I took it off

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
You haven't taken advice from others in your previous threads. It's likely you won't get any here.
Vertebrate Cartoon Organism Mammal Art

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Zooming in on the photo, the threads look to be stripped. My experience with something like that is put it in the dumpster.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yes. . there is a lot of unheeded sound advice ignored. One can only hope others come along that we never see but at lest read what is posted. It seems that may be the case with so many "guest" visitors to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
LOL, still doesn't mean he's going to accept our sound advice.
The whole "break" escapade has been questionable. Hope no one gets hurt ... ... or worse.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
My guess is you are gonna try to re-tap the threads and be back here a week from now asking whether you should use Flex Seal or Flex Paste to take care of a brake fluid leak...... :devilish:
Plus start another new thread for it. :mad: This brake job has become one big multi-thread DIY fiasco.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Plus start another new thread for it. :mad: This brake job has become one big multi-thread DIY fiasco.
I haven't exactly been counting, but noticed there appeared to be a lot of Johnny001 threads, and many on brakes. Darn Canadians.
Johnny001, maybe just add on to existing threads every so often.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
I haven't exactly been counting, but noticed there appeared to be a lot of Johnny001 threads, and many on brakes. ...
The initial thread for this particular job was started nearly 2 months ago. That and all subsequent threads should have been merged into one a while back. Gave it some serious thought, but concluded that merger wouldn't have helped anything.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But are you gonna listen? My guess is you are gonna try to re-tap the threads and be back here a week from now asking whether you should use Flex Seal or Flex Paste to take care of a brake fluid leak...... :devilish:
No I just bought new calliper from Amazon live and learn I thought I could save money but no point

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Amazon... other than maybe decorative items, I can't imagine they're the best option for auto parts.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Amazon... other than maybe decorative items, I can't imagine they're the best option for auto parts.
They are ok . . . and I've ordered some over the years. Mostly if they are ACDelco or another reputable brand.
I have also bought some "off brand" parts. Some were ok . . . some were sent back.

After market accessories are also a mixed bag on quality and performance.

Otherwise, I've purchased from a GM dealer or local parts supplier.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
They're not on my radar for purchasing anything. I'd get 'immediate need' auto parts from a local parts store. Brand name websites (Autozone, NAPA, etc.) usually show what's available locally or nearby. Shopping for parts isn't rocket surgery. ;) 🤣

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've bought a few parts on Amazon. The quality has been good and to the best of my knowledge, none of them have been fakes.

The AC Delco replacement air filter for my wife's Buick Encore had all the proper markings from the original's manufacturing facility in Mexico. I doubt a counterfeiter is going to go to that much trouble. The purge solenoid for my Acadia was the proper Bosch replacement. However, fakes fr Amazon are something I am mindful of, and do my best to double-check everything to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I resorted used calliper but for some reason missed this part where brake oil hose is attached is bit damage anybody head experience installing something like this with this problem I took it off old gmc it was not leaking oil before I took it off
First, Look at the area around the hole. Notice that the caliper has a sharp, milled 90 degree shoulder, except around the hole area. To me it looks like, yes someone not only stripped the threads but then tried to epoxy the hose fitting to the caliper. The area around the hole is milled perfectly flat around the circumference of the hole because this is where the brass crush sealing washer goes, between the caliper and the hose fitting. Trash it and go get a remanufactured one from autozone or such.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts