GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read through all the threads concerning adding the nav, but does anyone know if the rear lift gate on models with at least the "advanced audio package" have the camera wire already in the rear lift gate harness?

and if so, what color?, thanks, scott

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would like to know that as well, if anyone knows anything about the code.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
No. The camera module and wiring are not there unless your Lambda came with the Nav/camera from the factory. If you want to add the nav and a camera you'll have to run your own wiring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That would explain the insane cost for the NAV/Camera package. I am going to have the maintenance cats look at mine when I bring it in for the 5k miles checkup. I am going to buy the NAV later and would like the factory camera but an aftermarket and seperate screen may be my only option.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
mncm , wouldn't it be more cost-effective to get a lockpick for the factory unit and then connect an aftermarket camera to this, or just go 100% aftermarket (head unit & camera)?

I'm out of the hunt on this one since we decided on an SLT2.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im not sure if there is the harness in there or not, but if it is, i can tell you that its a 12 pin connector with only 10 wires going into it, 2 of the wires are actually bare, the other colors are green, pink, black, orange, tan with black, white, L-BU?, and another pink, then of course the 2 bares.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have really considered an aftermarket setup for cost reasons. Decided it would be worth more to have the GM parts to ensure the warranty stays in effect. Aftermarket items are usually better (keyword usually) and I would prefer them over a part GM cranked out any day but the warranty is already hard enough to enforce without the added hassle.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I wonder if a dealer will warranty a radio that did not come with your vehicle? If they don't see the U3R or UZR navigation radio codes on the vehicle's option list (? if this is available to them via their internal network, I suspect it is), they may not do any work on it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I thought I saw the answer to this question in this thread but couldn't find it. On the 09' SLT-1, is the back-up camera display already in the mirror, and to add it, its just a matter of installing the camera & wiring, or does the mirror need to be changed also? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
alpha,
I don't think anyone has looked at the 2009 with the mirror screen yet. Care to be the test case? :)

Seems like to me the wiring would have to be different due to the screen location (mirror vs radio), although the camera hardware could/should be the same.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys,
Here is the question another way, which I don't think got answered in the thread. I know the wiring is not in the rear hatch if the vehicle doesnt have the factory back up camera, and I know the camera module isnt there either. But I see two harness plugs back by the jack that arent plugged into anything. Does anyone know if that is the wiring that would plug into the module then route up to the dash? I am thinking of buying the camera, module, and the bracket and doing a self installed factory camera. I am hoping that with those three things, running the wiring to the module, plugging it in to the camera, that it will just need a dealer re-programming to get up and running.. I also have an 09' Nav unit coming that I will be having the dealer install, so I hope to do it all at the same time. Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
mncm , wouldn't it be more cost-effective to get a lockpick for the factory unit and then connect an aftermarket camera to this, or just go 100% aftermarket (head unit & camera)?

blue, are you saying that with the lock pick, you can view the backup camera on the nav screen? no aftermartket screen needed?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Schram said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:

blue, are you saying that with the lock pick, you can view the backup camera on the nav screen? no aftermartket screen needed?
Yes, I think that's what he's saying. That's what I did. The lockpick provides a camera input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts