GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this morning that my backup camera is no longer working and on the onStar mirror where you can turn on or off the camera, the light is flashing slowly. What can be wrong? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Good morning Jeffb,

A slow flash may indicate a loss of video signal, or no video signal present during the reverse cycle. Have you inspected the camera to see if there's any dirt or obstructions on it?

Sarah (Assisting Michelle), GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read that after I posted it. It does blink slowly. There is no dirt obstructing the camera. I make a point to swipe the lens when I am back there. It worked fine on Saturday, then my wife got home from work Sunday morning and said it didnt work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the wife said it worked last night, but then stopped working again. I just went out to investigate and when I put the car in Reverse, the camera came on, flickered a second or 2 and then went off again. It never did come back on. I figure its either the mirror, the camera or both. I hope these are covered in the Premier Extended Warranty. I definitely have gotten my money's worth with this warranty. This car has been a lemon from week #2.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
when it does this again--- have the passenger go out back and pop open the tailgate..
see if the image appears.
Im wondering if wires have broken in the harness that goes from tailgate to body.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wife just got home, said the camera worked fine. Of course she only put the car in reverse twice. It seems to be on the fritz right now.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I wonder if the wire harness in the hatch is starting to wear-out. Can you follow her around for a little while and see if the tail lights flicker at all?

Perhaps you should have a close look at the wire loom and see if you notice any wear on the rubber.

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Anyone thought about the wiring near the transmission/shifter. It could be an intermittent break in the circuit when going into reverse. Where does that signal start?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts