GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The options for the 2009 imply that the backup camera video only shows up in the review mirror. Am I missing something? I like the idea of the big (NAV) screen showing what is behind.

Is in the mirror really an advantage? Am I mis-reading?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My understanding is that if you order the package that includes Navigation then the back-up camera will still appear on the navigation screen. However, for the 2009 Acadias, you can order the back-up camera even if you don't get navigation and in this case the camera will appear in the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The backup camera for 2009 is in the rearview if you do not get the navigation package. Note the rearview inclusion in the 2009 navigation package summary:
Includes MP3 compatible CD player, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, THEFTLOCK and voice recognition.
Rearview Camera System
XM NavTraffic

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But this is how the options are listed on the options page on cars.com. Notice, as part of the "Radio:AM/FM Stereo w/DVD-Based Navigation", it says "Integrated into rearview mirror.:

Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/DVD-Based Navigation $1,890/$1,569
Includes MP3 compatible CD player, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, THEFTLOCK and voice recognition.

XM NavTraffic

Satellite delivered traffic information service that enhances a GPS navigation system with the ability to show real-time traffic data. With XM NavTraffic you will see traffic impacting incidents such as construction, road closures, accidents and disabled vehicles. In select markets you will also see average traffic speed and estimated travel time along the chosen route. For more information, see www.xmnavtraffic.com. Required XM radio and XM NavTraffic monthly subscriptions sold separately after trial period. XM NavTraffic only available in select markets. Subscription fee is consumer only. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions are non-transferable and subject to Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States.

Rearview Camera System

Integrated into rearview mirror.

Inside Rearview Auto-Dimming Mirror

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guessing that the system is the same in the Traverse. According to the Chevy Traverse site, that system displays the backup camera on the Nav display if that option is incuded. They actually could do both with little trouble. I'm sure we will learn more in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
im hoping that this will be available as a dealer-installed optional upgrade for 07s and 08s Acadia owners who did not opt the Nav package. :help:

·
Registered
15 Posts
On our order for a 2009 we have the back up view in the mirror we took that opition because we don't need nav where i am from..I will say though we had a 09 pilot out it has the same thing after seeing that the view in the nav system is 4 times better..but what we have will be good enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts