GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my salesman, high tech components (i.e. NAV) are backordered at GM. One of his customers ordered their Acadia (with NAV) before mine (without NAV) and it still has not been built. Mine was ordered 8/26 and shipped a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
NAV is not officially an ordering constraint right now. White Diamond, 19-inch wheels, and 7-passenger seating are the currently listed constraints as of Sept. 20.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wouldn't this mean then that most SLT's can't bebuilt because they all have 2nd row bucket seats?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, I'm glad mine was already built (in shipped status right now), I got the bucket seats in the 2nd row. I'd be upset if mine was delayed due to a back ordered part.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Old Timer said:
Wouldn't this mean then that most SLT's can't bebuilt because they all have 2nd row bucket seats?
I'm not sure if it means that they can't be built, or just that the number they can build at any one time is limited. Here's the list as of Sept. 20:

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 98U White Diamond Tri-Coat Paint (Highly Constrained - Long Term) Plant Restriction. Previously Moderately Constrained for Model Year.
2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 ABB Seven Passenger Seating Config. (Moderately Constrained - Short Term) Demand Exceeds Supply
2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 P64 / PCK 19" Aluminum Wheel (Moderately Constrained - Short Term) Demand Exceeds Supply

·
Registered
262 Posts
Old Timer said:
Are you guys inferring that you can't get a 2nd row bench seat as an option if you get an SLT? That's not true...

If you're just saying that most SLT owners get the 2nd row captains, then I would argue that this is true for any model Acadia (SLE and SLT).

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
JonTon said:
Are you guys inferring that you can't get a 2nd row bench seat as an option if you get an SLT? That's not true...

If you're just saying that most SLT owners get the 2nd row captains, then I would argue that this is true for any model Acadia (SLE and SLT).
You're correct, I was just pointing out that the 7-passenger seating config, is (or was depending on if it changes for this coming week) moderately constrained. It makes no difference whether it is a SLE or SLT model.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You were right GeoHawk. My dealer corrected himself, it is the paint that his other customer is still waiting on. They ordered their Acadia before mine (8/26) and are still waiting.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Current ordering constraints:

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 98U White Diamond Tri-Coat Paint (Highly Constrained - Long Term) Plant Restriction.

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 ABB Seven Passenger Seating Config. (Moderately Constrained - Short Term) Demand Exceeds Supply

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 P64 / PCK 19" Aluminum Wheel (Moderately Constrained - Short Term) Demand Exceeds Supply

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 DK1 Center Row Console (Full Constraint - Short Term) New option introduction. Not available until November 2007.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I thought they were actually not going to use the White Diamond paint any longer and would be replacing with the Platinum Ice in Jan. Wasn't there a post from insider saying that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts