GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to a factory back up camera to my factory nav system but every dealer I call cannot find the part number for the camera and the camera harness. Anyone have the part numbers???? :help: :help:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks to Mal, our fearless leader in backup camera research, here are the part numbers: 08 Acadia OEM backup camera...GM part number 15806899; Camera Bracket, GM part number 15806900

Good luck and please keep us informed on your progress! I have a 07 Acadia with factory nav, and so far my dealer has not been able to figure out how to reprogram the flash memory to add the backup camera. As a result, my only option is to add the PAC kit, which is another $300. I'm waiting to see if someone can "crack the code" and post the results here before I spend the $$$.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I even printed out a copy of those exact instructions and gave them to my dealer. Even though he was willing to attempt the update, he wasn't able to do it successfully. I would love to hear from someone who has had this done successfully. :help:

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
at what stage did it fail? What exactly he wasn't able to do?

there is a part which is supposed to be done while attempting to do any calibrations to the vehicle that is not listed in the instructions (synchronizing the tech 2 with vehicle vin number).
Steve-o said:
I even printed out a copy of those exact instructions and gave them to my dealer. Even though he was willing to attempt the update, he wasn't able to do it successfully. I would love to hear from someone who has had this done successfully. :help:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dede said:
at what stage did it fail? What exactly he wasn't able to do?

there is a part which is supposed to be done while attempting to do any calibrations to the vehicle that is not listed in the instructions (synchronizing the tech 2 with vehicle vin number).
The tech said he could not get the backup camera to appear as an option on the tech2 screen. By the way, the dealer was able to successfully complete the transmission update.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dede said:
link works perfectly fine
[/quote]

OH WELL anybody have any luck with that link - cause it just don't work???

FYI my dealer WAS able to do the Trans update also - I got the paper to prove it, but not the camera.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Link works fine for me. ???

·
Registered
70 Posts
The link works fine for me as well. As I said earlier, I was able to print the instructions & give them to the tech--he just couldn't get the camera to appear as an option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, that’s a great help. :thumb: Does anyone have the part number for the harness that goes from the radio to the camera? Also currently when I put the gear in reverse, the screen goes to back-up mode and says to service the camera since the camera is not installed. It appears to be ready for me to just install the camera. Will I still need to have the flash memory programmed?

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the subject of reprogramming an '07 radio to recognize a back-up camera...I suspect it can't be done.

I have a radio for the '08 Tahoe/Denali that already has the camera in the menu, and I suspect Junsport has the radio for the '08 Enclave, since it has the blue lighting also. Although my radio is camera ready, my wife doesn't want it because the buttons are blue, so I'm waiting to hear what the part number for the '08 Acadia nav radio w/RSE is.

Junsport...until I get the correct radio, I'm still way behind you. I don't know enough about the wiring to be of much help, but I'm hoping the harness goes as far as that left-rear compartment in the back. And from what I've read, you need to go to the radio menu to disable the camera until you get it installed...there shouldn't be any programming involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts