GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2009 brown/ebony slt-1 and love it! What a ride! Coming out of an H3....smooth like butter!

I will be taking it in ASAP as the back up camera is not working....nice white square now after working sporatically in the cars first 2 weeks of life. Any thoughts on this, besides that I just have to take it in...

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No ideas; but I think you are the first to have this issue; let us know what the fix was

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jsimms, as always, thanks for the reply.

I'll keep everyone up to date.

Bob :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
My guess would be a component failure, especially with the sporadic operation. If not, best case would be a loose connection at one end or the other. Worst case, they have to special order either the camera unit or the mirror. There's a lot of spaghetti back there, so I'm not sure if the camera connects to a module or goes straight to the mirror in the SLT1. The two aftermarket cameras I've installed went directly to the radio in the dash.

If it wasn't copyrighted, it would be nice to have the forum do a group buy (i.e. everyone chip in a few dollars) on the service manuals and host them online for reference. I've seen this done for older Toyotas and Mazda and they are nice to have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts