GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only been in the 08 since Nov.1st and the backup camera is new to me, but it has recently been flashing a message that the symbols are not available when I back up. However the symbols do come up shortly after the message. I never noticed it doing that before until this week. Anyone else having this issue on theirs?

For those of you that don't know, on the back up cameras there are red triangles that pop up and flash over objects behind you. In my case, when backing into my garage it flashes one over our riding mower, and also one over our snowblower.

I just hope I don't have some weird electrical thing going on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
vic49 said:
.. In my case, when backing into my garage it flashes one over our riding mower, and also one over our snowblower...
I am thinking of backing my new Enclave into my garage space. I have never tried to do this. I am so afraid of hitting the door frame. Does the camera and radar assist with this? Any tips?

Also, what about remote start. Do you dare do this when the pipes face the interior instead of the outside?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clave Man: It is very easy to back in the garage with Acadia. Unless you have an exteremly narrow door opening or something. I always bring my mirrors in too. I don't really use the backup camera to get me in the garage, although it is good for showing me what is behind me once I'm in. I hung a tennis ball from ceiling and when my rear window touches it, I'm good!
I do not know what you mean about the remote start question though?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Clave Man,
When I've backed my Acadia into my garage, I just use the side mirrors to watch for clearance on the sides and then use the backup sensors to help judge how far back to go. I've only done it on a couple of occasions though. If I did it regularly, I'd use a ball hanging from the ceiling like vic49 said to help show me when to stop.

In regards to starting and running your vehicle for a while with it backed up in the garage, I think that is mostly to do with how close the rear of your vehicle is to the wall or other objects. If it is too close, I'd worry about the heat damage that could occur. But as long as you have enough clearance and you open the garage door itself, I don't think you have to worry too much about the exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I back into the garage, and also into nearly every parking spot I go into. I use the side mirrors exclusively to get into the garage and/or spot and then let the back up sensors help judge distance. After backing into the garage now for a few months, I don't actually think I need the sensors any longer because I know exactly where the mirror lines up along the side of the garage.

I always remote start mine backed into the garage and have had no problems with heat as the car is at least 1 ft away from the wall.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK now I get the question about remote start. Duh :eek:hno: I do the same as GAR when backing in to spots, I use my mirrors. After a while you just learn where exactly, the Acadia should be in the garage. As for starting, I just open garage door first and then start her up!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks everyone. Great answers!

·
Registered
362 Posts
vic49 said:
I have only been in the 08 since Nov.1st and the backup camera is new to me, but it has recently been flashing a message that the symbols are not available when I back up. However the symbols do come up shortly after the message. I never noticed it doing that before until this week. Anyone else having this issue on theirs?
Probably because your parking brake is on.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jfencl said:
vic49 said:
Probably because your parking brake is on.
No, my parking brake is not on. I am just backing in the garage and it only seems to happen when I am backing in garage??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts