GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't see any threads addressing this.

A couple days ago, while driving by myself, I reached my right arm around to the back of the front passenger seat like I often do to just stretch it or rest it there. I felt something sticking out a little on the back of the seat, up high, but still on the back side as opposed to the top/headrest area.

As I stuck my finger closer to feel it----while still not looking, because I was driving----the back portion of the seat just fell off. I was shocked.

Once I got stopped, I glanced behind the seat and saw the piece, which runs almost the entire back side of the seat. It is the same on the drivers side front seat. Eventually I got home and got out, and went inside to the second row to look further. There are a couple of small clips that hold it in place, and that's about it. One is loose and I couldn't get it to "lock," so the back is back on, but not secured, and has that small opening up top. It could easily come off if bumped or kicked.

When the piece is off, the inside of the seat is exposed. Not a pretty sight.

I have other issues for the dealer so I'll probably just have them look at this as well. But I can't believe this occurred on such an expensive vehicle. I don't believe any of my passengers did anything othan than put their feet on the bottom part of the seat back occasionally. No abuse etc.. My kids aren't young enough NOT to know better, and aren't left in there without me anyway.

I bought my 2008 vehicle around 7/1/08. So you're talking about only seven and a half months.

Anyone else either hear of this or have it happen to them?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I haven't had this problem, but am curious to know the cause

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious to know the cause to, but not optimistic. Without abuse, dare I say it, poor quality is the only thing I can see. The small, flimsy clips used amazed me.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gurufly said:
I'm curious to know the cause to, but not optimistic. Without abuse, dare I say it, poor quality is the only thing I can see. The small, flimsy clips used amazed me.
Sounds like poor quality to me, but this is the first I have heard of this occurrence. Either something happened or other members haven't said anything about this to warrant poor quality.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't gotten it in yet. Or even called. I'm expecting them to be surprised, as am I, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I have had my Acadia over a year and have not had the back of the front seats fall off.. I have removed them to install the Headrest DVD system, and reinstalled without a problem. The backs are snug when secured properly. I would imagine that the clip is/was damaged during installation or production and that it just needs replacing to fit properly.
I would imagine the backs are meant to be easily removed to allow access to the heated seats as well as lumbar support. That is just my speculation.

I would not blame this on poor quality or craftsmanship, just a damaged or misinstalled piece. Dealer should easily be able to fix this problem. :thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I think and "hope," bonk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts