GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Acadia AWD. I was wondering how the AWD is in the snow? I have been reading the posts... my favorite color is the Dark Blue :) I live in PA. And unfortunatly, I do have the whine in the steering but have an appointment to have it checked out. So far I love it!!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Welcome to the community, mollie. I just have FWD and it's suprisingly good in the snow. I can imagine AWD not having any problems getting around in all but the deepest stuff. :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks somewhere in Kansas :), I was just in Kansas a few weeks ago visiting my aunt.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From what I've read about the AWD system, it biases the power to the wheels, up to 35% to the rear. This should work well in snowy conditions (don't get any here ;)) since it is primarily a front engine/front drive system.

The Dark (Deep) Blue is a great color! But I am a little biased myself, and more than 65%!

You will find it helpful to list your vehicle's specifications (year, drive, options) in your signature so other members can more accurately help you if the need arises. Click the Blues Clues link in my signature & this will show you how to do so, as well as some general info about our Acadia corner of the Internet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations Mollie on your new Acadia :thumb:

According to the brochure, in normal driving conditions when traction is good, Acadia's available full-time AWD system sends the vast majority of its torque to the front wheels. When traction deteriorates, it automatically adjusts torque distribution to each of the 4 wheels to make most of the available grip and help keep it moving.

It's a great feature to have and well worth the extra money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mollie said:
Thanks somewhere in Kansas :), I was just in Kansas a few weeks ago visiting my aunt.
Driving from PA to KS, as we regularly do (Bucks Co. to Mitchell Co.) is one of the best reasons for getting a Lambda!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We drive the PA I70 from MD to Ohio 5-6 times per year and almost always get stuck in some type of winter storm. I have done it in FWD and AWD vehicles and I can say that it is a night and day difference. I think you will never regret the AWD and will find it is fantastic in the snow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!! That is just what I needed to hear about the AWD. In PA we can get a lot of snow and I actually love driving in the snow!! :p

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, we ALL love driving in the snow. :banghead:

Good to see more PA members. I've seen the vehicles; now I'm seeing them join!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Mollie said:
Thank you!! That is just what I needed to hear about the AWD. In PA we can get a lot of snow and I actually love driving in the snow!! :p
One thing that really helps the Acadia, even if it is the FWD, is the fact that it is VERY HEAVY. That does not help the mpg, but it sure helps driving in the snow. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Driving today in the heavy rain and standing water in the Chicago area, I was impressed with the Acadia in general.

In my other vehicles, I always felt like they were hydro-planing when I hit standing water and the Acadia just kept moving through it like nothing I've felt before. I'm not saying the AWD had any effect, but I really felt good about the handling in my first encounter with those driving conditions since taking delivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts