GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as average delivery time if a unit is ordered? The dealer claims that if there is an open slot lined up for production they can sometimes grab that and it can come in relatively quickly. They're claiming 6-8 weeks on the long side. What have been others' experiences?

I'm really bummed: I went in to order on Wed (figuring the chances of finding one close by was about 0) and they found one virtually identical to what I want. The dealer that has it appears to be playing games - first claiming it was sold, then it shows up on gmc.com's inventory tracker. It really ticks me off. I thought I was getting mine on Monday and now it looks like 6-8 weeks at least.

Jim

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
They may be playing games, but in my experience the inventory tracker does reflect the cars they have that are already sold. I tried from late May to late June to find one that had the options I wanted, and although I found 3 or 4 during that time using the inventory tracker, they all were sold. I ended up ordering a 2008 in late June and have that one now.

The thing I really liked about the outcome is that my new Acadia was a 2008 and only had 8 miles on it when I picked it up.

Good luck and I hope it comes quickly for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there anyone that lives in Kansas that has ordered and received their acadia? If so, can you tell me about how long it took from the build date until it was delivered? I really want to get in on the employee pricing but am worried I will miss the end of September deadline. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Jim,
I've noticed about a month and a day on recent (August) orders. Mine was 8-7, will be at the dealer 9-8. There was another thread here where a member had a nearly identical time frame. One key factor is of the selling dealer has an allocation- members here have had to wait a long time for theirs and it appears the dealer did not have an allocation for the Acadia at the time of order. I checked w/ mine & this was not an issue.

The dealer may not be playing games- the online inventory is not updated in real time as far as I know. I was reading about this on another website & someone alleged it is only once every few weeks. I have clicked on some window stickers and gotten an error message, so I figured these were sold. You should also check that dealer's website & see if it is listed- you could call on it yourself, GMS pricing is good at all dealers through 9-30.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered on 8/7 as well. My "build week" was 8/25. The dealer has been a pain to get information from, unfortunately (I secretly think they are trying to delay until 10/1 so I don't get GMS or something, although if that is the case, I will just take a 2009 that exists at a different dealer).

Anyways, finally got out of them that it was "put on the train" on 8/29. It hasn't hasn't reached its destination in NY yet, where it is offloaded and when a truck fills up for our areas dealerships (in NH), it is driven up. I am still trying to figure out how it takes 6+ days to move a train from Michigan to NY, but I assume it isn't a straight line. They said I have another 1-2 weeks to wait....

Very frustrating..

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
cnr,
As soon as you have a VIN (which you do now), you can close the deal to lock in the employee pricing if need be. Amazing how mine will make it all the way to FL by 9-8 with the same build week. At least I hope so...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ordered mine 8/2, arrived at dealer 9/3. I worked out the details last night.

GMS pricing ended up being $2050 BELOW Invoice! :eek: :eek: How sweet is that ;D?

There was some doubt that I'd be able to use all of my GM Card savings due to the GMS pricing, but the dealer made a few calls and checked a few websites (which had me panicking for 15 minutes or so) :-X, then came back and said I could use all $3500 of my GM Card dollars. :cheers:

That means I'm getting my Acadia at $5,500 below Invoice. :thumb: I was smiling in my sleep last night!! ;D

They still have to install my Headrest DVDs, molded splash guards, and Advanced 2-way remote plus we're expecting rain here on Saturday, so I don't plan to take delivery until Monday. I'd like to drive it home clean, not in the rain! :binky:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just curious, but why didn't you get the factory headrest DVD install? Is the dealer doing it for cheaper? Is it a different system? I opted for it (yes, I know, it is sort of a rip off), mostly because I figured it would guarantee me a nice clean install. Besides, the dealer was completely clueless on the details of the headrest DVD system (they didn't have a single car on the lot with one, and the parts people didn't know much about it).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was all set to order a 2008 Acadia late this Spring..........then the GM worker strike happened which affected Acadia production. :( This pushed me wait for the 2009. :-X

However, right around the time I was set to order an '08, I went to gmpartsdirect.com and ordered the Headrest DVD system, molded splash guards, and floor mats for all threes rows. Why? Because everything on this website is much, much cheaper than if you buy from the dealer AND it is all Genuine GM parts. :thumb: :blob: I've used this site for repair parts for all my GM cars over the years and have saved lots and lots of $. :cheers: This was the first time I bought GM accessories from gmpartsdirect.com.

Then the 2009 Model year rolls around and all of a sudden the DVD system is no longer an "Accessory". Now you can simply order it through the factory. However, if you look closely at your paperwork, it specifically states that though it's part of the factory order, it is still a DEALER INSTALLED OPTION. Therefore, your Acadia will not arrive from the factory with the Headrest DVD system installed, it shows up separately and the dealer then installs it. The same is true for the Cargo Convenience Package and the Advanced 2-way Remote Starter system (I got both of these too). When I was at the dealer last night, the Advanced remote hadn't arrived yet, but was expected today.........another reason why I don't plan to pick up my Acadia until Monday.

Back to my situation, when I was negotiating price on my 2009 order, we settled on Invoice price.........but in order to seal the deal I insisted they throw in FREE INSTALLATION of my Headrest DVD system and splash guards that have been sitting on my fireplace at home since the Spring. 8) They hesitated at first, but agreed to this deal. ;D

I had called around ahead of time and found that the DVD install would have cost $150 - $200 at the dealer. :eek: I didn't price the splash guards as I figured that was something that I could easily tackle myself. :thumb:

I paid $1350 for the DVD system on gmpartsdirect.com, I think it MSRPs on the '09s somewhere around $1900. :eek: :eek: Saved decent $$ on the floor mats and splash guards too. :thumb: ;)

As far as the dealer not knowing how to install the Headrest DVDs? I guess that depends on what dealer you talk to. Mine was very familiar with it and said they install them all the time in Trucks and SUVs.

Icing on the cake for all of this is that any dealer installed GM Accessory is covered by the 3/36 factory warranty plus any extended warranty you might get. So my DVD system is covered. :thumb:

I plan to post PICTURES of all of this next week once I get her home.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is good to know. If the DVD Headrest units are NOT installed when they arrive, I may have them NOT install them at all. When at the dealer, they swore up and down that I could do video in through the center console (rather then attach the video cable to the headrest itself, which is lame).

After placing the order, everything I have read is that it is the Invision Revolution II, which DOES NOT allow video input from anything but the units on the headrest. To fix that, I was going to figure out how to order the Revolution III brain to make it work (I want to have an iPod Touch or Apple TV in the car all the time for the video, so having wires dangling is lame). All this would cost me extra dough, but when you spend $44k, what is another $300 or so.

Anyways, if it gets to the dealer not-installed and it doesn't allow for Video input from the console, I think I am going to bail on it (if I can) and do some other solution.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
AngLan said:
Is there anyone that lives in Kansas that has ordered and received their acadia? If so, can you tell me about how long it took from the build date until it was delivered? I really want to get in on the employee pricing but am worried I will miss the end of September deadline. :banghead:
AngLan,

Our Acadia took 11 days from the day it was built until it arrived at the dealer, but that also included the Labor Day weekend last year. I don't know if the holiday had any effect on the delivery time or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks GeoHawk,
Maybe there is a chance that I will finally be driving my new acadia before the end of the month! :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts