GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is a bit confusing to explain so bear with me...

When I plug any audio devices into either the front aux or rear aux input, everything works great. As soon as I send power to that audio device, I get this really nasty feedback (buzzing) noise. Has anyone seen similar problems?

I've tried laptops, xbox 360, dvd player and a satellite receiver. I've tried 3 different inverters as well as running an extension cord straight from the wall. As soon as I plug in the power, the noise starts and as soon as I unplug it, it stops.

Anyone mind trying something similar and letting me know if they see the same thing?

·
Registered
101 Posts
It sound like you're hearing the 60 cycle hum from the AC. All the devices you mentioned take 120 volt AC and turn it into whatever DC voltage the device runs on, (assuming the plug on the back of the device is actually for a DC voltage).

What you're doing is taking the 12 volt DC from the car...inverting it into 120 volt AC...then converting it back into a DC voltage. I'd check to see if there's an accessory power cord for your favorite device that allows you to convert directly from the car's DC outlet.

But...the wife has her Ipod plugged into the accessory port, with an AC charger plugged into the AC receptacle on the back of the console without any hum...

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up the ground loop isolator tomorrow and give it a try.

Apparently it happens to all Acadias. My dealer took my cell phone and charger, hooked it up to the front aux port on several on the lot and as soon as the power is plugged in, the noise starts. They talked to GM and they are aware of the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts