Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I had the Acadia out and about and was showing off my auto start. For the first friend, it started up no problem. I stopped it and another friend came up. Went to start it and all it did was flash the lights once at me. I tried everything locking/unlocking doors, opening doors holding the fob but nothing just that flash. I turned the car on manually, turned it off and tried again it worked. A little ticked (more embarrased) about it not working, but thought since I turned it off maybe you had to restart the car before auto start.

Didn't give it another thought until this morning. My son went to use the power lift gate and it unlocked itself and then locked itself again. I tried the handle, same thing (thought he was doing something wrong) Tried the key fob, same thing. Went ahead and opened it manually and went to close it, lights flashed at me and nothing. Turned the car on, went to school and nothing.

Also, at the same time, the inside door light above cupholder stopped working. NEVER had one of those burn out before, and this car is less than 1 month old.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone have these problems? I am starting to get concerned about an electrical problem. What do you all think?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Regarding the remote start, the manual says...

"The vehicle can be remote started two separate times between driving sequences. The engine will run for 10 minutes after each remote start.
Or, you can extend the engine run time by another 10 minutes within the first 10 minute remote start time frame, and before the engine stops.
For example, if the lock button and then the remote start buttons are pressed again after the vehicle has been running for five minutes, 10 minutes are added, allowing the engine to run for 15 minutes. The additional 10 minutes are considered a second remote vehicle start.
Once two remote starts, or a single remote start with one time extension has been done, the vehicle must be started with the key.
After the key is removed from the ignition, the vehicle can be remote started again.
The vehicle cannot be remote started if the key is in the ignition, the hood is not closed, or if there is an emission control system malfunction.
Also, the engine will turn off during a remote vehicle start if the coolant temperature gets too
high or if the oil pressure gets low."

You may have inadvertantly extended it 10 minutes. That would be your 2 starts and then you have to start it with a key before it works again. Unless the hood was open or the key was in the ignition, then it won't start remotely at all.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have written off the remote start if it weren't for the other things. I am really concerned about the lift gate.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
mckcab said:
I would have written off the remote start if it weren't for the other things. I am really concerned about the lift gate.
Did you have that recall done that addresses the seat, steering shaft and liftgate? All three are part of the same one I believe. Maybe that'll help.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought they did that BEFORE my car was made. I remember everyone talking about it, but I didn't have to worry since mine was later. I guess I'll take it in and get them to do it. Today everything worked fine (except the light).

My Volvo had electrical problems and it was heck :angryfire: . I really can't mentally go through that again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts