GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we use the remote start, it is supposed to turn on the AC if it is hot outside, or the heater if it is cold...

This works fine unless it is about 70 degrees outside. In which case, nothing turns on because the Acadia thinks it is comfortable. However, if it is 70 outside, the inside of my Acadia is probably around 80. In this scenario I would expect my AC to be on. Is there a way to override the auto "feature" and make it turn on to whatever it was on when i turned it off, or better yet, change the "base-temperature" it uses to determine whether to heat or cool?

Thanks,

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have noticed the same thing when using remote start where it can be quite warm in the car but the AC is only on a low fan setting.

It appears to honor your last interior temp settings when it starts remotely....so if you want it to be sure to come on a high setting, try lowering the driver temp before shutting it off.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are you saying the control does not use the inside temp to increase cooling? 70 deg outside and 85+ deg inside(due to the sun) and set for 74 deg it does not place the AC on high? Seems like it has al the information it needs to do the right thing....just like it would be if you were driving.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next time it is about that temperature, I will set it to high fan speed, and 60 degrees, then turn it off, and try starting it to see what it does.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I would think that if the system is set to auto, it shouldn't matter what the outside temp is. It should turn on what ever part of the system (heat or ac) is needed to maintain the temperature that it is set to as it would if you were travelling.

·
Registered
403 Posts
In normal use, I don't like that it comes on full blast until it finds the temp...if it ramped up a bit, that would work, but full blast drives me nuts.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
:ditto: I also find that it stays on high and never seems to reach the temperature it is set to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts