GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLUE was right, stay away from this place, see my post towards the bottom[/color]

I just order some stuff from www.autobarn.com
When I got my shipment, they had a coupon code in the package. Thought I would share it for anyone interested.

$5 off, $75 code "FALL75"

$10 off, $125 code " FALL125"

Or can use code "FALL08" to get free shipping over $125

Autobarn also seems to have the best price on the K&N Airfilter for the Acadia. at $56.93 Part 33-2394

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: AutoBarn.com Discount Code

Bonk,
I don't intend to hijack the thread, but I have some experience with this company and want to share it so that potential customers can make an informed decision.

Buyer beware with AutoBarn, they run hot & cold:

I bought an Optima battery for my BMW in August w/ no issues at all, good price & prompt shipping.

I recently bought some maintenance stuff (hoses, cap, rotor, etc. nothing was shown as special order) for my Dodge and they took a long time to ship it, had no communication as to the status, and when I inquired on the order (supplying the order #) the response was to ask what I had ordered!

I normally shop at Rock Auto for parts, if you do a Google search, they have a 5% off code floating around. In the space of my Autobarn order being placed and received, I placed and received two orders from Rock Auto, one for the Dodge, and a second for our new to us BMW.

See my reviews here for AutoBarn:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Auto_Barn
Six month rating (out of 10) : 5.06
10/6/08 11:41 AM
This was my second order from Autobarn, the first being a battery in August of this year. Since that transaction worked well, and I needed an item that my normal supplier Rock Auto did not carry, I thought I would try this merchant again for part of the order since they offered free shipping due to the amount of money I was spending. My order consisted of maintenance items like belts, hoses, PCV, tune up items, etc. for a Dodge- nothing special order or exotic from Autobarn. The one special order item I bought came from Rock Auto, who promptly contacted me via email for additional information.

I split the order between Rock Auto and Autobarn and am sorry I did so. Both orders went in on the same date (9-21), and Rock Auto as usual emailed order confirmation and tracking information, which included what was in each box with the tracking number for each. I had all but the special order part delivered in a few days (by 9-25, four days) via ground shipping.

After about a week and a half of no info, on 10-2 I did a status inquiry with Autobarn via email and this netted an automated reply followed by a reply on 10-3 asking what "item" I had ordered (I had included my order number in the original email inquiry, so this was a truly stupid question). I replied by copying the invoice Autobarn had sent me. A few days later (10-6), I finally received notice my order had shipped, although it did not say what. There was a disclaimer that if I had ordered multiple items they may not arrive at the same time.

As another indicator of how slow the Autobarn shipment process is, I placed another order for a foreign car with Rock Auto on 10-2 and had these parts in hand by 10-5, again with ground shipping.

Also, the online catalog for Autobarn is far more difficult to navigate than the one for Rock Auto.

In summary, I guess if you only need to order one thing and don't need to know when it is going to arrive; this is a good place to shop. Otherwise, go someplace great like Rock Auto. I know this sounds more like a positive review of Rock Auto, but I was in a position to review both at the same time, so this is what I did. The few dollars saved at Autobarn were not worth the inferior service.

And here for Rock Auto:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/RockAuto
Six month rating (out of 10) : 9.46
10/6/08 11:40 AM
I am a long time customer of Rock Auto. Recently I needed an item that Rock Auto did not carry, I thought I would try Autobarn again (I had purchased a battery in August 2008) for part of the order since they offered free shipping due to the amount of money I was spending. My order consisted of maintenance items like belts, hoses, PCV, tune up items, etc. for a Dodge- nothing special order or exotic from Autobarn. The one special order item I bought came from Rock Auto, who promptly contacted me via email for additional information.

I split the order between Rock Auto and Autobarn and am sorry I did so. Both orders went in on the same date (9-21), and Rock Auto as usual emailed order confirmation and tracking information, which included what was in each box with the tracking number for each. I had all but the special order part delivered in a few days (by 9-25, four days) via ground shipping.

After about a week and a half of no info, on 10-2 I did a status inquiry with Autobarn via email and this netted an automated reply followed by a reply on 10-3 asking what "item" I had ordered (I had included my order number in the original email inquiry, so this was a truly stupid question). I replied by copying the invoice Autobarn had sent me. A few days later (10-6), I finally received notice my order had shipped, although it did not say what. There was a disclaimer that if I had ordered multiple items they may not arrive at the same time.

As another indicator of how slow the Autobarn shipment process is, I placed another order for a foreign car with Rock Auto on 10-2 and had these parts in hand by 10-5, again with ground shipping.

Also, the online catalog for Autobarn is far more difficult to navigate than the one for Rock Auto.

In summary, I guess if you only need to order one thing and don't need to know when it is going to arrive; this is a good place to shop. Otherwise, go someplace great like Rock Auto. I know this sounds more like a positive review of Rock Auto, but I was in a position to review both at the same time, so this is what I did. The few dollars saved at Autobarn were not worth the inferior service.

·
Registered
487 Posts

I just looked at the Weathertech mats for my Acadia on their website and they want 274 for all three rows. Weathertech wants 189 plus 20 shipping, so autobarn.com si ripping people off big time on the one item I looked at. It's amazing that they can give you free shipping when they overcharge for the part by 80.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Blue, no problem at all. That is good info for me, and others. This is the first time I ordered from them.
I order 2 K&N Air filters, 1 K&N oil filter, and 2 towels. The towels have arrived, but the rest is being dropped shipped from K&N. They had better prices on the K&N stuff, so that is good, But I hope I don't wait forever to get it. I will
send an inquiry to find the status but may get the same great service BLUE did.

Colorado, try Autoanything too. Not sure, but I have had OKay experience with them.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

LOL great minds think alike... I needed a K&N for the Daytona & Rock Auto doesn't carry that brand.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

bonk1313 said:
BLUE was right, stay away from this place, see my post towards the bottom[/color]
As I mentioned above, BLUE was right, this place is pretty bad.
I am still waiting for my Air filters, oil filters, and Filter Cleaner kit. But I received my towels :eek:hno:

I have called autobarn several times to get some help and not having much luck. I have opened a dispute with Paypal to get my money back. Here is some of the story below.

This is what I sent to paypal

I placed order on 10/4/2008 order #511158, for 6 items. On 10/10/2008 I received 2 of my items. When I called to inquire about the other items that were not delivered, I spoke to a male person at Autobarn on 10/14, he was rude and told me that I would have to call back around noon, when K&N was open on the West Coast, when I asked his name he proceeded to hang up the phone while saying "DICK". When I called back I spoke to Danny on 10/14. He told me that he would call K&N and call me at my home #. No call received. I called on 10/15, spoke to Gary, he called K&N while I was on hold, and told me that K&N made an error, and the items would ship Monday 10/20, I asked about tracking #, he said it would be provided. No tracking# or package. Called back 10/24 spoke to Danny again, he called K&N while I was on hold, told me he left a message for them to call him back about the items, and that he was also going to speak to a manager at Autobarn about the situation. He said he would call me back. No call received. Called 10/28, spoke to Damon, Damon said items should have already shipped from Keystone, on 10/27 or 10/28, they should provide tracking #. I asked to speak to manager, and got transferred to Gary Smith's Voicemail. I just want my money back. $133.68 for 2 air filters $56.93/each, 1 oil filter $9.87, and 1 filter cleaning kit $9.95.[/color]

What a sad sad place.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Great news, I finally got to speak to Gary at Autobarn, He cancelled the rest my order and is refunding my money.

I just got off the phone with Barry at www.autoanything.com, same place I ordered my floor liners from, they price matched everything, and it will all ship today... I guess I know where I will be taking the rest of my $$

·
Registered
428 Posts
Autoanything is a great website. I have bought several things from them for both the Silverado and Acadia and have never had a problem with anything.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, Had I realized they would've matched prices, and it would be so easy, I would have gone there first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts