GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day as I was pulling away from a drive-thru window, I pulled up on the drivers' side window button and the window didn't auto-up! Now I'm paralyzed with fear thinking of the years of abject slavery I face holding that button skyward just to close my window.

I looked for a DIC setting but there doesn't appear to be one. I thought it could be the switch, but it still makes the window go up. It's just the auto that's whacked.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else here?

·
Registered
812 Posts
have it check by your dealer :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, had the same thing happen to me, the dealer replaced the switch. Has worked fine since.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks SioXie and sherryj...

I'll do just that. Sadly, my warranty doesn't kick in until May because I imported my Acadia from the States. Grr to GM and it's attempts to make importation unattractive.

I'll add it to my list for spring fixes. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
There is a reset for this. Check the manual but I believe when the window is closed you hold the up button as if you want to close the window for a few seconds

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keith said:
There is a reset for this. Check the manual but I believe when the window is closed you hold the up button as if you want to close the window for a few seconds
This is correct; check out page 2-20 of the manual:

"To program the window:

1. With the ignition in the ACCESSORY or ON positions, or when the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) is active, close all doors. See Retained Accessory Power (RAP) on page 2-27.

2. Press and continue to hold the window switch until the window is fully open.

3. Pull up and hold the window switch to close the window. Continue to hold it briefly after the window is fully closed.

4. Repeat for each window that has the express up feature."

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OHH! Thanks for the tip!! I'll give it a try and let you know if it worked!

Funny, the problem seemed to present itself when I tried to open the window at the drive-thru and it was frozen (grr to freezing rain), so it strained.......before finally going down. Maybe that disabled auto-up?

EDIT: IT WORKED PERFECTLY Thanks so much!!!!! [/color] :cheers: :blob:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Traclavelook said:
OHH! Thanks for the tip!! I'll give it a try and let you know if it worked!

Funny, the problem seemed to present itself when I tried to open the window at the drive-thru and it was frozen (grr to freezing rain), so it strained.......before finally going down. Maybe that disabled auto-up?

EDIT: IT WORKED PERFECTLY Thanks so much!!!!! [/color] :cheers: :blob:
YEAH!! How cool is that? I love knowing that I can get help from real people that have experienced the same problems...However, I'm hoping I don't have any problems... :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thank you for the excellent tip! I just recently found this issue w/ my 2009 (in Dec. 2015) - and this very old post had the solution. And, it was SO simple - yet I wouldn't have even thought that it was addressed in the manual.

THANK YOU!!![/color]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts