GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good workarounds on how to permanently disable the Auto Start/Stop without having to press the button after every key cycle? I understood this getting the 2021 vehicle but was hoping Range or some other aftermarket company had a OBD plug in to disable it. I have asked Steve at SmartStopStart and he said his module will not work on the 2021 Acadia.

I was reading on the Chevy Blazer forum (same motor as the Acadia I believe 3.6 LGX) that some have plugged in a trailer wiring harness into the 7 pin plug and this "tricked" the vehicle into thinking it was towing disabling the start/stop feature.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I really dont want to have to splice wires in the switch... maybe there is a fuse to remove?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Watching, just out of curiosity.
I feel for you, the start stop drives me batty (loaner, friends vehicle), I absolutely would have to get it deleted permanently if my '19 had it.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
Anyone have any other suggestions? ...
Just deal with it!! Having to push the stop/start button to disable it isn't any more of an annoyance than having to press the brake pedal to start the vehicle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just deal with it!! Having to push the stop/start button to disable it isn't any more of an annoyance than having to press the brake pedal to start the vehicle. :rolleyes:
To some of course, you included one would assume.
To me it's more akin to fixing something wrong with the vehicle every time I drive it. Batty I tell ya, it'd drive me batty. Seems the OP feels similar.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
... Batty I tell ya, it'd drive me batty. ...
Don't denigrate bats by using them to describe your mental disorder. Nukkin' futz would be more appropriate. 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
1 Posts
To some of course, you included one would assume.
To me it's more akin to fixing something wrong with the vehicle every time I drive it. Batty I tell ya, it'd drive me batty. Seems the OP feels similar.
I agree. I just got my 2020 Acadia in Feb 2021. It is a major annoyance and is just something else to break (eventually). My dealer didn't explain all the features very well when I bought it and I have just discovered on You Tube how to "temporarily" disable that feature. Now if I can figure out how to stop the radio from coming on ever time I start the car and the horn from honking when I leave my keys in the car.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
... Now if I can figure out how to stop the radio from coming on ever time I start the car and the horn from honking when I leave my keys in the car.
You might be able to find info about that in your owners manual. :unsure:

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
You might be able to find info about that in your owners manual. :unsure:
LOL, you beat me to it.

As for the radio, do what my wife does, turn it off before you leave the vehicle.

As for the horn honking, pretty simple, don't leave the keys in your car.

So many first world problems. :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I agree. I just got my 2020 Acadia in Feb 2021. It is a major annoyance and is just something else to break (eventually). My dealer didn't explain all the features very well when I bought it and I have just discovered on You Tube how to "temporarily" disable that feature. Now if I can figure out how to stop the radio from coming on ever time I start the car and the horn from honking when I leave my keys in the car.
Well, I despise start/stop, pretty much the same with AFM... but the horn honking when you leave your keys in the car is a good thing IMO.
The radio coming on when you start the car... if you turn the radio off before shutting the car off, it still comes on when you start it? Otherwise your car is like every car made pretty much, leave the radio on, stays on.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
... Otherwise your car is like every car made pretty much, leave the radio on, stays on.
I'd bet the start-up volume can be set at a level that won't make your hair stand on end. LOL

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'd bet the start-up volume can be set at a level that won't make your hair stand on end. LOL
Yep, even my SLE has an option in the DIC for start up volume. Unsure where it's set at (I think a bit lower than full?) as I really don't care about start up volume, but I have seen it there...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Otherwise your car is like every car made pretty much, leave the radio on, stays on.
I still wonder why someone had the radio on when they left the car but want it off upon their return. I've been driving 50+ years and can never think of a time I did not want the radio to come on when I started my vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts