GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good workarounds on how to permanently disable the Auto Start/Stop without having to press the button after every key cycle? I understood this getting the 2021 vehicle but was hoping Range or some other aftermarket company had a OBD plug in to disable it. I have asked Steve at SmartStopStart and he said his module will not work on the 2021 Acadia.

I was reading on the Chevy Blazer forum (same motor as the Acadia I believe 3.6 LGX) that some have plugged in a trailer wiring harness into the 7 pin plug and this "tricked" the vehicle into thinking it was towing disabling the start/stop feature.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I really dont want to have to splice wires in the switch... maybe there is a fuse to remove?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Watching, just out of curiosity.
I feel for you, the start stop drives me batty (loaner, friends vehicle), I absolutely would have to get it deleted permanently if my '19 had it.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Anyone have any other suggestions? ...
Just deal with it!! Having to push the stop/start button to disable it isn't any more of an annoyance than having to press the brake pedal to start the vehicle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Just deal with it!! Having to push the stop/start button to disable it isn't any more of an annoyance than having to press the brake pedal to start the vehicle. :rolleyes:
To some of course, you included one would assume.
To me it's more akin to fixing something wrong with the vehicle every time I drive it. Batty I tell ya, it'd drive me batty. Seems the OP feels similar.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
... Batty I tell ya, it'd drive me batty. ...
Don't denigrate bats by using them to describe your mental disorder. Nukkin' futz would be more appropriate. 🤣 🤣 🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts