GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I read about this feature in an earlier post a long time ago, but I didn't realize how great it was till I experienced it (and not expecting it) in person. So for all of you in Florida and Texas who will never get a chance to experience this without a really long road trip -

We just returned from the High Sierras where at one point we dropped from Saddlebag Lake (over 10,000 feet) to Lee Vining (around 6900 feet) in about 13 miles of very curvy (take them at 45 mph) roads. I was amazed to see that after about 4 or 5 curves, the Acadia started downshifing by itself when I would lay on the brakes. It worked out really well, I never had to touch the button on the trans to downshift. I would start into a curve, hit the brakes and the car would downshift once and (I think) sometimes twice. Come out of the curve tap the gas and it would upshift. I was totally stoked! :blob: :blob: It made coming down a heck of a lot easier.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, I noticed it running up and down the Blue Ridge in Western North Carolina. Thought something was wrong with the transmission initially, then realized the Acadia was doing my thinking for me. :confused:
It was good they included the Tiptronic gear change future for going up the hills, normal shifting was way too quick to go to higher gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts