GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Acadia for me yet :(. Just read on the manual that there is a way to program the driver or passenger side mirrors to automatically move to a curb view position when parallel parking. Has anyone tried this? If so, does it help? This car is just AWESOME. Just lacking a bathroom or I would just move into it!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had it set this way at first and it is great for parallel parking, but it didn't allows for me to see if my dog was on the right side when backing up so I turned it off for now. When ever you put it in reverse it drops the right hand mirror enough to see the rear wheel in relation to the curb and it should be great for those that don't know how to park.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My Acura had this feature and I never used it. In theory it seems fancy, but meh.

If you get an Acadia and decide to move in, be sure to get the sunroof so you can star gaze before bed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keith, The dealer originally set both the driver and passenger side mirrors to automatically go down when the transmission is put into reverse on my Outlook. I found it distracting when the drivers side went down. I found myself bending at the neck and crouching down to try and see more of the background and less of the pavement on the drivers side. I did this only twice before making a change. The passenger side, though, was a great help. I went ahead and programmed them so just the passenger side drops when put in reverse. In this mode I find it very helpful. Especially, considering the size of the vehicle. It also helps quite a bit to have the rear back-up sensors. Good luck shopping.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm with BlueCrab.
My Audi Allroad, Audi A6 Avant, and VW Passat had this feature, but only for the passenger side. Used it religiously for parallel parking and it was GREAT! A very valuable feature. Personally, I see no use for the driver side turn down, so I currently have it off.

BUT...it would be very convenient if I was parallel parking on the left side of a 1-way street that has parking on both sides. That is a real situation here in the Metro DC area. I would turn it on for such a purpose.

I often wanted the Audis and VW to do that for left side of street parallel parking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I turned it off. My husband's BMW does this and it always bugged me. I only parallel park maybe 2-3 times a year, so I have no use for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Isn't this a feature that is available on SLT-2's?? I have an SLT-1 and don't believe that it has the option.

·
Registered
246 Posts
gmc said:
Isn't this a feature that is available on SLT-2's?? I have an SLT-1 and don't believe that it has the option.
Yes, this is a SLT2 only option as it is part of memory seat and mirrors package.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have this feature on my M45...you have to pick which mirror to lower depending on what side of the car the curb is you are parking next...use it all the time! Love it. With the M45 all you do is move the mirror switch to either left or right to tell which mirror to lower...if you don't want either mirror to lower you leave it in the middle...very simple idea.

It's nice the Acadia lowers it's mirrors. For parallel parkers...this is a fantastic feature. Just wish it was easier to select. I don't necessarily want my mirrors adjusting down every time I go in reverse...ie...out of my garage...out of a parking space, etc. The control for this feature is burried in the DIC and you have to be in Park to adjust it.

So I leave it on so both mirrors adjust down.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I set mine to OFF, it was annoying when pulling out of the garage. Everytime you put in reverse it does this, it would be great to have a setting on the switch to do this as needed and not embedded deep in the DIC. It is easier to just hit the switch and lower amnually the few times I need it. Would really love a back up camera option.

·
Registered
261 Posts
johnway said:
I set mine to OFF, it was annoying when pulling out of the garage. Everytime you put in reverse it does this, it would be great to have a setting on the switch to do this as needed and not embedded deep in the DIC. It is easier to just hit the switch and lower amnually the few times I need it. Would really love a back up camera option.
I turned mine off too for the same reason.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will love to use this option since my driveway is narrow and has belgian blocks on both sides. I will set the passenger side mirror so when I back in to my driveway i will make sure that I m not scratching the wheels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have mine set to do this, it is ok but it takes the mirrors a little while to get into place.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There is a slight delay for the mirrors to move once you are in reverse - a second or two, I think this is so the mirrors do not start to move everytime you move the shifter from park to drive (as it passes through reverse).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts