GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to all the news sources, even with the employee incentives offered by GM's, car sales were close to 38% down last month. I wanted to purchase a 2009 Acadia by 9/30, but my finances just didn't allow for it.

However, I got my money on Oct 1st!!! I have been trying to buy a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT2 with CASH. I can't get anyone to deal with me. So far, they're only wanting to come down about $ 2,000 off list. For example: list for the one I made an offer on is $ 39,535. I offered them $ 32,500, again cash. There is about 30 of them on the lot and there was not ONE person other than me at the dealership. They turned it down. Wouldn't even counter offer.

I was given that offer from a dealership about 300 miles away on an exact duplicate vehicle. I've had 4 back surgeries and would like to keep my business in my area and really don't want to drive that far.

Anybody have any advice or experience on a great purchase price around Evansville, Indiana and a contact name? I'm willing to drive to Louisville, Ky...or within 100 miles of Evansville.

Oops....sorry...wanted to say hello and introduce myself first. I just joined today and was so glad I found this forum. I love the Acadia. My comp vehicle is a 2009 Mercedes Benz R350. The local MB dealership came down $ 11,000 immediately off list price. List is right at $ 50,000. I prefer the Acadia for the gas mileage, style and service options. Service price on the R350 is outrageous and we only have one dealership with questionable service.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Warmly,
Basenji08.....I'm even a GIRL :blob:
Evansville, IN

·
Registered
423 Posts
find one at a dealer that will sell at the price you are willing and have them deliver it. if you save 6k, pay them 500 to deliver. heck, i will come down and be your gopher for 500.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Schram,

PROMISE???? :angel:

I can't stand to play the "car dealer" game. It actually drives me CRAZY...hee hee. :banghead:

I feel like I'm in an awesome position for a buyers market. I have NO trade and have cash. They have WAY too many cars and can't finance people unless they can walk on water. Heck, I've sent out "quote" requests and have not had a reply to over 50% of them. I thought the auto manufacturers where in a crisis. I guess not here in southern Indiana, eh?

Basenji08
Evansville, IN

P.S. I'm not even being picky....only color I don't want is dark blue. I like the 08 blue gold, but not the 09. I'll take any other color as long as I have the SLT with DVD, NAV, Leather and passenger power seat, tri-zone...all pretty much std. equip. for the SLT2 with a few exceptions. Maybe there's a salesman who's lurking.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just be patient. Prices should come down with rebates or other incentives. Winter is coming and if the economy and car sales don't rebound, they will deal. They will have to. It's just a little too early yet. They're hoping everything will get better. Wait a little if you can. You might save you thousands. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
skyhawk said:
Just be patient. Prices should come down with rebates or other incentives. Winter is coming and if the economy and car sales don't rebound, they will deal. They will have to. It's just a little too early yet. They're hoping everything will get better. Wait a little if you can. You might save you thousands. Good luck.
Very level-headed, good advice. That is exactly what I'm doing. Even if the gov't bail-out package raises consumer confidence, none of the markets (stock, real-estate, etc ... ) are going to bounce back to pre-crash levels. They will take years to make a full recovery. They will just improve at a slow, gradual pace leaving many retailers of big-ticket items with no choice but to wheel 'n deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts