GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...

So started the 08 Acadia this morning and put in reverse. With the stereo off I am hearing a static pulse through speakers? Anyone have this same problem?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've noticed it on occasion, but I think it was when I had the cord plugged into the MP3 outlet and didn't have my Zune hooked up to it.

If I should notice it again, I'll try to pay more attention to what might be causing it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Even with the audio off the system is on so that it can run door chimes and the like, so that is what you are hearing. I don't hear it ours but my wifes old Grand Am was really bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K...
If it is a chime why is it not sounding like one? Just crackeling static pulse! :banghead:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Stuffer said:
K...
If it is a chime why is it not sounding like one? Just crackeling static pulse! :banghead:
If no reason exists for a chime the audio system is just on so it can chime if it needs too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this problem!!!! No one else can seem to hear it, but I have abnormally good hearing and can hear it. It is really noticeable when I turn on the blinkers or lift the rear hatch. It happens whether anything is plugged in or not, and whether the radio is powered on or not, or if it is muted.

It has been driving me insane but it seems all the techs are deaf and like to call me crazy on their reports. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
487 Posts
As I stated before all noises that the car produces Chimes, Blinkers etc... are produced by the audio system. Thus when you open the doors and the key isn't in the ignition and isn't producing a chime the audio system produces a small amount of static. I can hear it in my Acadia and in my previous Grand Am, I definitely can hear more static at times, I just believe this is due to regular electrical interference. I would say the techs can't hear it because it is not quiet enough in the shop to hear it, but I also don't believe it is a problem. I think my brothers C230 makes the same noise.

·
Registered
143 Posts
SoCalAcadia07 said:
I have this problem!!!! No one else can seem to hear it, but I have abnormally good hearing and can hear it. It is really noticeable when I turn on the blinkers or lift the rear hatch. It happens whether anything is plugged in or not, and whether the radio is powered on or not, or if it is muted.

It has been driving me insane but it seems all the techs are deaf and like to call me crazy on their reports. Any thoughts?
You're crazy! :angel:

Any one of you have a Blackberry?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Stuffer said:
Ok...

So started the 08 Acadia this morning and put in reverse. With the stereo off I am hearing a static pulse through speakers? Anyone have this same problem?
Thanks in advance.
#08-08-44-005A: Radio Volume Fluctuation, Excessive Static, Weak Reception on Medium Strength FM Stations (Reprogram Radio) - (Mar 12, 2008)

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2828.msg69467;topicseen#new

Take a look at this thread; might be the cause of your problem; you can take it to your dealer and they will tell you if this TSB has been accomplished

1 - 9 of 9 Posts