GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a potentially unusual question that I can't find an answer to on search.

I've spent alot of time getting audio into the Acadia (PAL, line in from PSP and iPods, etc). Now I'm curious if anybody knows of an easy way to get audio out?

In the manual, it says this:

Vehicle wired headphone jacks on the rear seat
audio system, if your vehicle has this feature

The nice thing is it doesn't tell you where to find them or how to verify if your Acadia is equipped. It looks like there should be a line out for headphones on the rear audio controls, but it doesn't identify which one.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
What trim level/options do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
katan said:
Here is a potentially unusual question that I can't find an answer to on search.

I've spent alot of time getting audio into the Acadia (PAL, line in from PSP and iPods, etc). Now I'm curious if anybody knows of an easy way to get audio out?

In the manual, it says this:

Vehicle wired headphone jacks on the rear seat
audio system, if your vehicle has this feature

The nice thing is it doesn't tell you where to find them or how to verify if your Acadia is equipped. It looks like there should be a line out for headphones on the rear audio controls, but it doesn't identify which one.

Thanks
Not sure if I am reading this right.

If you are trying to have music come from the 2nd row audio controls, you have 2 3.5mm jacks. One for driver side passenger, one for passenger side passenger. Both jacks have the same outgoing feed. They 2nd row audio controls, can play the same music coming from the front stereo, or something from another source. CD up front, XM/FM/AM in back, or vice versa with the sources.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an SLT-2 with DVD.

I'm thinking I'd like to use a setup like this: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to RCA left/right cable, then string a long RCA left right cable to the input of the amp on the PA.

So on the rear audio controls both of those mini-jacks are audio outputs? That would work on the setup I envisioned. I thought they may have been inputs.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
katan said:
I have an SLT-2 with DVD.

I'm thinking I'd like to use a setup like this: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to RCA left/right cable, then string a long RCA left right cable to the input of the amp on the PA.

So on the rear audio controls both of those mini-jacks are audio outputs? That would work on the setup I envisioned. I thought they may have been inputs.
Not sure if that would work any better for you, seems that when you turn on the rear audio controls, the speakers in the rear turn off. I don't know for a fact but it seems that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have yet to install this unit but i was looking at getting it to install an amp and sub without removing the stock head unit. It seems that it taps in behind the deck (minor wiring) and creates a bass filter and provides both an input and an outputs. Might do the trick. More intended for adding amp and subs but also looks like it has outputs for all channels.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10099773&catid=25017

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-MTX-CAR-AUDIO-RE-Q5-BASS-RESTORATION-EPICENTER-REQ5_W0QQitemZ350140262487QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Signal_Processors?hash=item350140262487&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

also available at bestbuy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts