GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GMC Acadia. I have lost all sound in the left channel except for the tweeter. I also still have turn signal sound but no allert chime. Well, it's there, but very faint. The sound comes back at random, stays for a brief period and goes away again.

Is this an amplifier issue or something else? Not looking forward to working on it as I've read, it no picnic.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
Does your Acadia have the Bose sound system?

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
In that case, the problem could be either the speakers, speaker connections, or the head unit (radio) itself. Without Bose sound, the factory system has no separate amplifier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if that's the case, replacing it just got a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I have a 2011 GMC Acadia. I have lost all sound in the left channel except for the tweeter. I also still have turn signal sound but no allert chime. Well, it's there, but very faint. The sound comes back at random, stays for a brief period and goes away again.

Is this an amplifier issue or something else? Not looking forward to working on it as I've read, it no picnic.
Being a 2011, wire connections and speakers can be a problem. Maybe check the wiring going to the door also.
Some have found damaged or broken wires in that junction where the wire bundle passes from the body to the door. The rubber around them can get cracked, water can get in and wires and break or corrode.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2010 that had the same type issue. I had corrosion in both front door speaker wires from the speaker up to about two inches up the speaker wires. I ended up running new speaker wires then went ahead and replaced the head unit with a nice aftermarket one with nav, backup camera, amp, and USB. Aftermarket head unit and amp install was easy. New door speaker wires were a little more challenging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts