GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you considering getting the OEM Navigation unit should wait and check into this new after market nav unit coming out this fall from a company called Azentek. Their unit is the Atlas CPC-1000. The company has a website and if you go to You Tube, you can watch a video showcasing all of its features. Of all things, the company installed one in an Acadia to show it off. This is no ordinary nav unit. It uses Windows Vista and you can have Office 2007 on it. You can browse the web, receive and send email, it can even read your email to you while you drive and you can dictate a reply message while you drive. You can hook up any USB device to it and you can even use a regular type of keyboard to enter data. They had a folding keyboard that will fit in the armrest storage compartment. One other thing about it is it has a huge hard drive. I think it is between 80 and 120 GB. That's alot of room to store music, photos, video clips, etc. The company teamed up with Microsoft and have their full support. I think it will retail for around $2000 dollars. And of course, you can add a backup camera to it. It may very well set the standard for future nav units and make what we have now on the market, outdated. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow! Seems like a real driver distraction though, don't think I'm ready for a computer while I'm driving. Now a secretary riding shotgun, that has possibilities. Most police officers seem to have computers in their cars now. I remember reading about a recent crash blamed on computer distraction by a deputy somewhere in Florida.

·
Registered
48 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Here's some additional big pictures:

http://www.azentek.com/

and the actual YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2LLghdAfkY

There's other companies who have been doing "car-puters" for years, but this does seem more integrated and very well done. Have to wait and see what the market actually says about it, once it's out, and also what the pricetag is.
Saw a price online for $2199.00 and looked as though they are ready to ship.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Actually, I spoke to R**@ Aventech (very helpful). He said this will be a very important roll out for the company and they are being extra careful with some manufacturing details. As such, it may be around Christmas time when they are ready to ship units. T

They are NOT shipping now. MSRP is $2499, but bluetooh is integrated (no separate module). I think an Ipod can hook directly to it. But who needs that when you can run iTunes itself on the **** thing!! :tunes: r u kidding? You can even buy songs from your car. For internet service - it has Wifi :woot: or just plug in an air card.

He also said that they are adding even more features than currently described on the video.

·
Registered
681 Posts
To use the WiFi you would have to stop and find available access points, the ability to use a Cellular Broadband cards is neat, but that would add another $60 bill every month (unless you already have one and your work pays for it :thumb:)

I think they thought of everything in this unit, my only concern would be "How is the sound quality?" For that much money it better sound great. Like to see that they actually have the unit in an Acadia on their web site - looks like a clean install.

·
Registered
262 Posts
that thing looks pretty awesome. So see if you can follow my logic here:

I get an Acadia with just the XM (no NAV), but I do get the DVD entertainment. So at this point I have 2 slots up front. One to load audio CDs and then one to load up the DVDs.

So, if I installed this aftermarket unit from Azentek, would I lose my dedicated slot up front to load up the DVDs? Or would I have still have both the dedicated slot for loading up movies on the rear seat entertainment and then have the DVD/CD slot for the Azentek unit?

·
Registered
362 Posts
That actually does look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
guess what, with some wheeling and dealing i bought an enclave and a denali, so i sort of have a right to post now.

FWIW, i started a thred on the enclave site about 2 weeks ago

heres the link.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=877.msg10725#msg10725
Bought an enclave??

What changed from thispost.....

i sold my acadia, not becasue of problems, but because it was not what i really in the long run was looking for. most people are the same, sure i was happy with it but after spending 43000 i wanted to be completly happy with it. there were some things i didn't like about it. no v-8, small windows, not as many options as some of the other gmcs' espaclly the denali, and it just didn't seem to fit "ME".

but i really never had a problem and i am sure that some of the other people who are selling theirs are the same, just didn't seem like the right car for them, test drives are about 15 min and that really doesn't (atleast for me) tell me a whole lot about the car. but if i like a car i dont care about problems, it is just that i didn't enjoy the car as much as i thought i did.

Congrats anyway. :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
wow, didn' think that would cause flame on here, just trying to extend, the thred, Sorry, but if i must tell this story again i will.

ok, sold acadia, dad mad because he liked it and wanted to buy it from me, so i said why not the encalve, he said we will see, he wanted me to buy it and "let" him drive it, i said i cant afford both a sierra and an enclave, so what we did is a 60 40 share on both trucks, he paid for 60% of the enclave and i paid 40%, and vice versa with the denali, if you dont know my life story already, i am only 20, rent my parents pool house from them until in finish collage. so thats how we did the double deal here, he traded his cadillac for the difference on the denali. Does that tell you enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
BUT this thread is about OEM Navigation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
wow, didn' think that would cause flame on here, just trying to extend, the thred, Sorry, but if i must tell this story again i will.

ok, sold acadia, dad mad because he liked it and wanted to buy it from me, so i said why not the encalve, he said we will see, he wanted me to buy it and "let" him drive it, i said i cant afford both a sierra and an enclave, so what we did is a 60 40 share on both trucks, he paid for 60% of the enclave and i paid 40%, and vice versa with the denali, if you dont know my life story already, i am only 20, rent my parents pool house from them until in finish collage. so thats how we did the double deal here, he traded his cadillac for the difference on the denali. Does that tell you enough.

:blahblah: :eek:fftopic: :rant:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cool ... So I can surf for pr0n while driving to work?

·
Registered
405 Posts
dmann33 said:
Rollin' Thunder said:

:blahblah: :eek:fftopic: :rant:
hey NYJOE asked, don't blame me, i was on topic until he asked, all i was simply trying to get across is that it pays to surf through all three forums, because i posted about this on the enclave site about 2 weeks ago titled FORGET NAV, im getting one of these.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts