GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
The only difference in the parts list that I could see for the cooling system (2019) was the lack of the "engine oil cooler" on 2.5L engine equipped models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok, so it's just an extra inline trans cooler added then.

And there is no trailer picture on the mode select knob/dial

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There is the trailering package on the website price&build, and then there's a 2nd hitch option on a later page

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
There is the trailering package on the website price&build, and then there's a 2nd hitch option on a later page
I believe that the 2nd hitch option is the one I mentioned earlier ( In Post #14) and is the "1,000 lb " towing option without the hitch guidance , etc.

"
The Acadia can have a hitch . . VR2 1,000lbs capacity. . . OR the V92 Trailering package " . The later is 4,000 lbs towing capacity.

If you select that 2nd hitch option . . . then the other features of the Trailering Package are deleted/lost .. . . such as - - -

(V08) heavy-duty cooling system, <- - -
(KW7)
170-amp alternator,
(PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch View and
(CTT) Hitch Guidance

You really must look at the GMC Order Guide I provided a LINK to see more specific details and RPO codes in the earlier post. .. . not the online GMC website customer "Build".
See Post #14 earlier. . .

Reactions: Erickson6111

·
Registered
33 Posts
Found an at4 for sale and its got everything except the tow package, allegedly. Havent seen in person. Do i dare tow a boat without the "trailering package"? Is it as simple as adding an extra cooler? Does it change out the rad itself?
Well are going to be towing a 37 foot Cabin Cruiser or a 15 -20 foot bass boat. It's really hard to answer a question that gives no specifics! Obviously the Cabin Cruiser would be far heavier and your vehicle should really have a transmission oil cooler, HD Radiator, prewired trailer plug that uses relays fed by separate power wires, Class 4 or 5 Trailer Hitch, etc. as your Cruise probably has electric brakes on the trailer. The Bass Boat, no big deal, a Class 3 Hitch would probably suffice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Now....salesman said that tow package adds an extra cooler without changing "normal" rad.

I don't want the normal rad because I've heard of multiple issues and sister's blazer rad only made it 12 months.
Your sister's Blazer is not your Acadia. You are comparing an apple to an orange.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
While you are correct, the blazer is not an Acadia... it IS the same radiator
Blazer and Acadia also share the same C1XX (Chi) platform, along with the Enclave, Traverse, XT5, and XT6. Given that, the comparison is more like one variety of apple to another. A lot of parts are interchangeable.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts