GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an at4 for sale and its got everything except the tow package, allegedly. Havent seen in person. Do i dare tow a boat without the "trailering package"? Is it as simple as adding an extra cooler? Does it change out the rad itself?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'd personally say no, no, yes. Do a search, one of the most discussed topics, include V92 in the search...

Reactions: Erickson6111

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Make sure discussions in the search results are centered on the post-2017 C1XX platform trailering package. The package had changed a bit with the redesigned Acadia. One of the changes involve adding an external transmission cooler, instead of a combination trans cooler/HD radiator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im worried that it would be the same shared radiator that seems to be a common failure point. Would like to keep fluids seperated by more than a plastic wall

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, every at4 i find for sale has a hitch and wiring harness, but no mention of actual "trailering package" and dealer says its got everything except v92 code

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Also, every at4 i find for sale has a hitch and wiring harness, but no mention of actual "trailering package" and dealer says its got everything except v92 code
You should ask the dealer's salesperson to show you the vehicle's build sheet or SPID label. Info about the factory-option trailering package will be printed on either of them.

Reactions: SpartyOn

·
Registered
319 Posts
You should ask the dealer's salesperson to show you the vehicle's build sheet or SPID label. Info about the factory-option trailering package will be printed on either of them.
As @speleos said, have them send you a picture of the glove box SPID label. It will have all of the codes you need to verify what equipment is in the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
... have them send you a picture of the glove box SPID label. ...
SPID labels on the C1XX platform Acadia are in the hidden cargo compartment at the rear of the vehicle, either inside the lid or attached to a wall of it. I believe there's also a QR code label affixed to one of the door jambs that has a link to all the service parts identification (SPID) information.

·
Registered
319 Posts
SPID labels on the C1XX platform Acadia are in the hidden cargo compartment at the rear of the vehicle, either inside the lid or attached to a wall of it. I believe there's also a QR code label affixed to one of the door jambs that has a link to all the service parts identification (SPID) information.
Good to know. I'm used to all GM vehicles having them in the glove box going back many, many years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I got a pic of mode selection, and there was no trailer option, so no package. Even with a hitch and wiring, allegedly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now....salesman said that tow package adds an extra cooler without changing "normal" rad.

I don't want the normal rad because I've heard of multiple issues and sister's blazer rad only made it 12 months.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Now....salesman said that tow package adds an extra cooler without changing "normal" rad.

I don't want the normal rad because I've heard of multiple issues and sister's blazer rad only made it 12 months.
First. . maybe I missed it. . but this IS a 2020 or 2021 AT4 you are looking at?
Otherwise specify the year, model, trim level you are looking at in the LINK below.

Snap a picture ( or have the salesman do it and send the pic to you) . . . of the QR code on the driver side door jam. You should be able to then see what RPO codes that particular AT4 has.

That said. . . . Sort through the trim level feature on the GMC Acadia Order Guide under the "Mechanical" category. Click on "Print Book to view these details. LINK is below.
In looking at the 2021 (22?) GMC Order Guide when the AT4 has the V92 trailering package.
The Acadia can have a hitch . . VR2 1,000lbs capacity. . . or the V92 Trailering package

(V92) Trailering Package, includes
factory-installed hitch, 4000 lbs. towing, 7-pin
wiring harness, Class III hitch,
(V08) heavy-duty cooling system, <- - -
(KW7)
170-amp alternator,
(PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch View and
(CTT) Hitch Guidance
1 - Requires (LGX) 3.6L V6 engine and
(ZQ2) Driver Convenience Package.
Includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with Hitch
View when (Y29) Infotainment Package is
Ordered.
2 - Requires (LGX) 3.6L Engine.

You can find this info if you select the trim level information desired here - LINK: Select Vehicle - Online Ordering Guide

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I would say from reading this Order Guide information . .. and if the AT4 you are looking at has the "Hitch Guidance - Hitch View " feature on the screen. .. then it also has the V92 and heavy duty cooling system. See the previous link and sort through it in the "Mechanical" category.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
That's why the QR code needs to be looked at for RPOs. If it's an after market hitch. . . they don't always look very factory , but who knows.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Engine cooling is the same w/ or w/o trailering package. AFAIK, there is no radiator option with the factory trailering package.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Engine cooling is the same w/ or w/o trailering package. AFAIK, there is no radiator option with the factory trailering package.
This has always been confusing to me. GMC website says V92 includes the heavy duty cooling system but you can't find info on what is included in the heavy duty cooling system.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
This has always been confusing to me. GMC website says V92 includes the heavy duty cooling system but you can't find info on what is included in the heavy duty cooling system.
I got info from the parts site. There's only one radiator listed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts