GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are all set to buy, but can not find a Carbon with the options we want, ordering is not an option, due to timeframe we need the car in.

I like the Blue

My wife likes the White and Silver

We both like the Red and Brown. I am hesitant to buy the red as a Pathfinder we had was red and by the time we got rid of the car I swear it looked orange, the color did not hold up well in the Arizona sun.

I like the brown, but the Titanium interior to me just does not go, either way, no one has brown anyway.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Look for the Blue Gold, it will cover all the bases for you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
cmg27 said:
My wife likes the White and Silver
I would lean to silver over white myself, but that's probably because 3 of my last 4 vehicles
were Summit White.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If I had to choose from blue, white or silver, I'd go with the deep blue metallic. It's an awesome color! :) The red is very nice too (ahem... hehe). But I've never owned a red car long enough to have it go orange on me, so I can't speak to that. Red Jewel looks fantastic though after a day of detailing the car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would think a lighter colour would be a better idea if you live anywhere in the south. I personally like darker colours but they get dirty looking really easily.

I'm partial to the Ocean Mist on the Outlook. What is the equivalent on the Acadia?

·
Registered
218 Posts
mr weather said:
I would think a lighter colour would be a better idea if you live anywhere in the south. I personally like darker colours but they get dirty looking really easily.

I'm partial to the Ocean Mist on the Outlook. What is the equivalent on the Acadia?
Blue Gold.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Our dealer tried very hard (and successfully) to talk us out of the red for that very reason. He said lots of GM vehicles have Red Jewel and it never holds up well. He even showed us a 4 year old Buick in that color and it was not in good shape. Invariably his once happy clients are mad at him in a few years for him not saying anything about red jewel, so now he always does. That was his story. I hope I'm wrong for all the red Acadia owners' sake.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Gee, thanks, Admin. Where were you when I ordered MY Acadia? :-\ Here's hoping that the color looks amazing 4 years from now as it does today. I've had red cars in the past that held up very well, but they were Hondas. Hopefully GM doesn't use crappy paint that fades.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am starting to like the blue gold

I am going to head back to the dealer this week and see what he can find if I am a little more flexable in the options, and see what colors he finds.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes,
For resistance to powerful local sun you cannot beat silver! Looks cleaner longer, reflects sun/heat/seems to not fade longer.
Metallics that look good on the showroom floor just do not seem to make it looking good for more than a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
GAgirl - sorry, but I think you had already made up your mind on the color pretty early on. Just do you best to take care of your paint and you should be fine.

cmg27, you know you can use gmbuypower.com to search inventories on your own as well. Check out http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=13.0 for some helpful searching tips.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Admin thanks for pointing me to that thread! I had been using gmbuypower.com, but it was such a PITA because I kept having to change my ZIP to see all the area dealers. That makes it so much easier to search!

·
Registered
306 Posts
cmg27 said:
Admin thanks for pointing me to that thread! I had been using gmbuypower.com, but it was such a PITA because I kept having to change my ZIP to see all the area dealers. That makes it so much easier to search!
cmg27,

Maybe you need to send GMBUYPOWER a military PITA Decoration--here's a copy:

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer found me a Carbon!

It is 1400 miles away! :(

He gave me all the numbers, and I am double checking them now, they want to charge me 850$ to ship in on a truck

But it has the options we want (except AWD) but I think I can live with that, and none of the options we dont want!

Decisions!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is their offer....

SLT 2 Carbon / Titanium Interior
DVD
NAVI
HID Lights
Trailering Package
Sunroof