GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife was picking up our daughter from the daycare yesterday. When she got back outside, a woman was standing by the Acadia and asked "is this your car?" She then started apologizing profusely for her kid. As she turned around to get her infant out of the carseat, her 3 year old picked up a rock and starting using our acadia as a [email protected]!

So now it has 10-20 little vertical lines in left rear quarter panel, covering about a 6 inch square area... ugh. I try SO hard to keep our cars in good condition, meticulously hand washing with two buckets and three mitts, multiple coats of zaino, etc. Then this happens. I almost cried.

Ok, so now, how should I go about getting these scratches fixed? they're definitely deeper than clearcoat swirls, I can feel them with my fingernail, but they aren't exactly gouges. Do you think a professional detailer would be able to buff these out or will it require painting?

admin

·
Registered
681 Posts
:eek: I would be very upset too. I start to steam inside when my 3 year old walks through the garage and has his hand wiping the side of the Acadia as he walks through, I could not image a rock in his hand. There is a girl at work who has a Cherokee and her kids (older than 3) stratched cartoon figures and tic tac toe into her paint. Do you think insurance would cover that ;D vandals!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tell the lady that she is responsible for the scratches her child put into your Acadia. She should be willing to pay. If not, I would take her to small claims court.

·
Registered
405 Posts
gmc said:
I tell the lady that she is responsible for the scratches her child put into your Acadia. She should be willing to pay. If not, I would take her to small claims court.
:ditto: :ditto:
:ditto:

i think that would require painting. I know how you feel i also try my very hardest to keep the cars in good shape. i hand wash them i dont let anybody eat or drink in them, muddy shoes go in the truck and muddy people dont go at all. The yukon is my only exception as that i take that off road but i dont let any thing get inside.

i would tell the mother she needs to pay for it and respray it. Good thing the car is new because an older car would look funny with just one spot painted because of the fade over the years.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I agree. My question (being a teacher) is the kid did it once, why did she let him do it again? I would have KILLED my kids for the first time!

She needs to learn a lesson, let her pay!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife said the mom was VERY noticeably distraught. She waited outside for her to come out and gave her all her contact info, so she's definitely willing to do the right thing. I just wasn't sure if they even COULD repaint a small section like that these days, with clear coats and metallic paints...?

·
Registered
681 Posts
If it came down to painting they would most likely paint the entire panel.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK, maybe I was too harsh.... ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I had my Montana SV6 (Sport Red) serviced, I got it back with a very noticeable 8" scratch on the right power sliding door. It was the dealer's fault, but they were great and fixed it no charge. It took 2 days, and we got a service car. They said they had to take off the door, sand it, and paint it all over again, but you can't even notice it now, so it is very possible to repaint an entire panel nowadays.

·
Registered
259 Posts
:eek:hno: :comfort: Oh no, Admin. You know that I of all people on the forum feel your pain on this one considering mine was dented by that kid less than 24 hours after I picked it up. I would just go ahead and have it repainted on that panel, and of course have that mom foot the bill. It's new enough, and if you don't, you'll always wash over that area and be resentful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts