GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my dealer. He said that due to the railstrike GM had a couple thousand Acadia's sitting on the ground at the plant. Instead of railing the cars, GM has decided to transport the trucks by semi. Now it looks as though my truck will be here next Friday.

Can't wait!

;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The absolute nerve of people to go on strike when so many are awaiting the delivery of their Acadia!

So you may have posted it somewhere else and I missed it, but what color and what trim level are you awaiting? Details!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Web Raven said:
The absolute nerve of people to go on strike when so many are awaiting the delivery of their Acadia!

So you may have posted it somewhere else and I missed it, but what color and what trim level are you awaiting? Details!
On Feb 1st I ordered an SLT-1, dark grey with Ebony leather seats, sunroof, and convenience package.

This has been a long 5 weeks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been waiting for my car since 2/1. I just got an e-mail today from my brother-in-law (who works for GM) and he says it left Michigan yesterday on a train headed for Columbia SC (not sure why it's going there first since I live in Raleigh NC). He said I should have it in about a week!

Since he's a VP at GM I was hoping he could pull some strings and get mine built quicker - but no luck. :mad: Oh well, at least I get the GMS price!

·
Registered
269 Posts
The strike was temporarily resolved last Tuesday-- the offer still has to be ratified by the workers, but they were supposed to be back at work last week. By around Monday, Canadian National expected normal operations. That doesn't mean that backlogs of shipments would be resolved, but that rail operations should be back to normal.

At least GM didn't close the Lansing plant, Ford (temporarily) shuttered a Canadian plant since they could not get anything to build cars.

As far as why a car would go to South Carolina on the way to North Carolina, transportation companies (air, ground, and rail) cannot ship the main longhauls point to point, the cost is too high. The hub and spoke system is the most efficient and fastest way to transport goods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked to my dealer last night and I believe ours is on the same train. The story is its going to the railyard in South Carolina first. It takes 5 to 7 days from the time it leaves the factory before its ready to ship from SC to the dealer via truck. Once it arrives in SC, your dealer can drive it back instead of waiting on the truck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was....but now it's here. I think, like everyone is saying, it's that darn rail strike that is holding the Acadia's up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
intrigueme said:
I've been waiting for my car since 2/1. I just got an e-mail today from my brother-in-law (who works for GM) and he says it left Michigan yesterday on a train headed for Columbia SC (not sure why it's going there first since I live in Raleigh NC). He said I should have it in about a week!

Since he's a VP at GM I was hoping he could pull some strings and get mine built quicker - but no luck. :mad: Oh well, at least I get the GMS price!
That makes no sence at all since there is a huge rail yard in Fayetteville. Thats where our Expedition came through when we were living in Charlotte NC.

We were told that ours is waiting for a train in Charlotte MI. Our salesmen called someone and everytime he did he was put on hold, when he finally got ahold of someone he was told that it was waiting for pickup and that was it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
07Blue-Gold said:
intrigueme said:

That makes no sence at all since there is a huge rail yard in Fayetteville. Thats where our Expedition came through when we were living in Charlotte NC.

We were told that ours is waiting for a train in Charlotte MI. Our salesmen called someone and everytime he did he was put on hold, when he finally got ahold of someone he was told that it was waiting for pickup and that was it.

I also thought it would come to NC (or at least somewhere in Virginia) instead of going all the way to Columbia SC. My Brother-in-law sent me an e-mail which shows my car's Vehicle Event History. It is on CSXT and it shows the railcar number and what day it left! I'm wondering if there are any websites where I can track it! It would be fun to see where it is every day! Of course I'm thinking as a security measure they probably don't want people to be able to track railcars these days!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I posted a thread on this website several week's ago regarding tracking railcars. I tracked my PT cruiser on Norfolk Southern back in 2000. try going to CSX website and see if you can plug in a railcar number to track. It was actually quite fun tracking my cruiser from Mexico!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine was ordered on 1/20 and produced on 2/12. My dealer was told that they would put a "hot-ticket" on it and it would ship via rail on 2/27. I called GMC customer service yesterday (3/9) with the order number and was told that it's still in the yard at the factory. If you do this with either the VIN or the order number, they will give you a CASE ID # so you can quickly check up on it again. The 800 cust. service number is on the GMC site.

I'm told that the chapter 11 reorg. by Allied Holdings Corp, who transports 9 million vehicles annually, is causing more of the havoc than the canadian rail strike since Allied loads the rails, unloads, them, and then delivers the cars.

The Molded mud guards look good in my garage...just waiting for a car to pin them onto.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK, I just called customer service and they told me they couldn't tell me anything. I had to go through the dealer. I have the order number and I told him about this site, but no go. How did you get through?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bill in PA said:
I posted a thread on this website several week's ago regarding tracking railcars. I tracked my PT cruiser on Norfolk Southern back in 2000. try going to CSX website and see if you can plug in a railcar number to track. It was actually quite fun tracking my cruiser from Mexico!
I tried that. No luck. I even found the direct link from the old PT Cruiser forum, but it is no longer valid. Too bad - I would have enjoyed tracking it! Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait another 5-7 days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a good one! I've been waiting for mine since the order was placed on January 16th. My dealer was finally invoiced showing a ship date of Feb 22nd. I've been anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Yesterday my dealer got notified by GM that the trucking company hired by GM here in NJ, went bankrupt and that my Acadia is likely sitting in the Newark, NJ train yard. The dealer was told to fax over a list of vehicles they are expecting and they will let him know if it's there. If it is, the dealer has to go pick it up himself.

GM says that it may take up to 2 months to fix this logistical issue. Menawhile, the dealers in this area will have to manually retrieve all the vehicles. The good news is that I may actually see my new toy this week!

Unbelieveable!

·
Registered
80 Posts
mckcab....They probaby cannot get info on the weekend. The cust service rep I spoke with called the dept that the dealers have access to for my information.

Here is the link to the company who owns the car carriers. They are currently waiting for the Teamsters to ratify a new contract.

The teamsters news report explains it all:
http://www.teamster.org/07news/nr_070303_1.asp

Allied Holdings Website (Nationwide car carrier firm under chapter 11 reorg):
http://www.alliedholdings.com/Subsidiaries/aag.htm

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm not waiting anymore!! It is truly an amazing car!

·
Registered
87 Posts
intrigueme said:
07Blue-Gold said:
intrigueme said:

I also thought it would come to NC (or at least somewhere in Virginia) instead of going all the way to Columbia SC. My Brother-in-law sent me an e-mail which shows my car's Vehicle Event History. It is on CSXT and it shows the railcar number and what day it left! I'm wondering if there are any websites where I can track it! It would be fun to see where it is every day! Of course I'm thinking as a security measure they probably don't want people to be able to track railcars these days!
If I gave you my VIN, could you track ours? haha. I would love to know where it's at.

Congrats on not having to wait anymore Doglover...But we are!!! Hope your enjoying it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been waiting since 1/4/07 (9 weeks)!! We contact the dealer twice weekly and customer service once a week and still have no idea when we can expect delivery. We even visited a different dealership to see what they could find out and/or locate another vehicle--which we did, 400+ miles away, but that dealership did not want to dealer trade. We will continue the wait!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ordered mine the end of December...........Last I heard was it was at 3300 on January 15th..........and after that I've heard nothing........

·
Registered
118 Posts
IScubaSlo said:
Ordered mine the end of December...........Last I heard was it was at 3300 on January 15th..........and after that I've heard nothing........
Where are you located and what did you order??? I found that ordering an AWD, white diamond tricoat and living in Texas has slowed down delivery (9 weeks).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts