GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have spent almost an entire day trying to wire in a dash cam, that requires a Battery connection, a ground, and an ACC connection(turns on and off with the vehicle) I think I have tested EVERY fuse inside the car, and even the rear wiper and turn signals are HOT (power with vehicle off) am I missing something? I am now looking at the fuse box under the hood, where I found ACC power, but can't find anywhere in the firewall to run a 14 gauge wire through.

Can you either recommend an interior circuit to try or a spot to get 1 wire through the firewall without drilling? Thanks! 2012 Acadia

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have spent almost an entire day trying to wire in a dash cam, that requires a Battery connection, a ground, and an ACC connection(turns on and off with the vehicle) I think I have tested EVERY fuse inside the car, and even the rear wiper and turn signals are HOT (power with vehicle off) am I missing something? I am now looking at the fuse box under the hood, where I found ACC power, but can't find anywhere in the firewall to run a 14 gauge wire through.

Can you either recommend an interior circuit to try or a spot to get 1 wire through the firewall without drilling? Thanks! 2012 Acadia
On my 2020, SLT The only fuse that is switched on vehicle start in the passenger side fuse block is Fuse #24 "USB charger/Wireless charging" Don't know about 2012 unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

Seems you're into this at almost 3 days of your time now. Honestly, might be best to pay an installer shop to get this installed?

·
Super Moderator
23,680 Posts
There's switched power in the overhead console, though it may be tied into a RAP-controlled circuit. A few discussions about it exist on the forum. Use "switched power in the overhead console" or something similar as keywords in the Search Community box and you'll find them. Model year shouldn't make a difference as long as it's a Lambda platform vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Curious if you found a solution? I’m in the same boat right now with my external CarPlay screen. Did you figure out which fuses are switched in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
If i recall correctly, some folks tap into 12 v at the back of the onstar mirror.
This to power radar detc or driving cameras.
One thread had a link to some company that sold a caple to tap into the connector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts