GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any solutions out there to cover the second row captains chair seat tracks? My kids get so much crap stuck in there it is unbelievable!

I found these, and they cover more of the carpet, but do not cover the tracks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-Acadia-carpeted-floor-mats_W0QQitemZ350200587016QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518994e308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_5177wt_1048

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nice pics! IMO, the tracks need to remain mostly clear so that the seats can slide without being obstructed by carpet. It could potentially create enough resistance to make moving the seats difficult.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the seats rarely get moved in my car, they are usually pushed all the way back, unless we have some adults squeezing in the car and are being lazy about moving the car seats to the back

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Just curious, what exactly is getting stuck in the tracks? I have two kids, and we've had our Enclave since last July, and nothing yet has fallen in those tracks, knock on wood. Just wondering what kinds of things are prone to being dropped down there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm lets see what has gotten in there....

goldfish
hair clips
batman happy meal toy
bracelet
necklace
hair bow
change (pennies, dimes, etc)
crayons
pen
kids sunglasses somehow got wedged in the other day
random garbage the kids drop wrappers to various things, tissues, etc

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I hope the goldfish are the Pepperidge Farm variety and not actual live goldfish :D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
cmg27 said:

goldfish
hair clips
batman happy meal toy
bracelet
necklace
hair bow
crayons
pen
Our rule in the Acadia is "nothing small enough to find it's way into the tracks (I have 8 passenger), but then again my boys are 15 and 11 so it's a little easier compared to families with younger children

·
Registered
4 Posts
Goldfish are the number one culprit for me & my vac's crevice tool barely fits. I could let the twins get them but the fish collect the track's lube!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cb60 said:
Goldfish are the number one culprit for me & my vac's crevice tool barely fits. I could let the twins get them but the fish collect the track's lube!
Thats my biggest issue, I wouldn't care what fell in there if it didnt end up all greasy! Poor design. They should have some kind of system to cover the tracks if you ask me!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
cmg27 said:

goldfish
hair clips
batman happy meal toy
bracelet
necklace
hair bow
crayons
pen
That's a lot. OK, now I know what to avoid. The goldfish crackers, crayons, pen, coins, and wrappers I can avoid, but hair clips, etc. (which my girls don't wear usually), would be something to watch out for. KEEP THEM IN YOUR HAIR, I'll have to tell them. :nono: I don't allow eating in our cars, or crayons (since they could potentially melt in the sun if left out) so some of your list is avoidable in our case. The rest, we'll have to keep an eye out for. Thanks for the heads-up! :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to not allow eating, but it got painful to listen to them whine they were hungry on a 3 hour drive with no intention of stopping for food, so... the goldfish were allowed... as for the crayons... it s big no no... but my little one always manages to slip one in her pocket or something as we leave the restaurant.

·
Registered
158 Posts
cmg27 said:
Are there any solutions out there to cover the second row captains chair seat tracks? My kids get so much crap stuck in there it is unbelievable!
It's not a perfect solution, but I used some of the Glad Press n'Seal wrap to cover the slots. It sticks pretty well and if you don't move seats, it works. It's also (relatively) cheap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am still waiting for GM to give me my new car, once they do, I think I am going to buy these.

In the meantime, I think I am going to try some glad press n seal as a stop gap measure

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mtnbound said:
I like the coverage on the ebay mats that are listed - has anyone bought a set yet?
I just ordered a set tonight in the dark grey... once I get them I'll post about quality/fit etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
those floor mats do look pretty nice, but for about $25 I bought one of those 10 x 10 remnants at the local big box dept store and I cut out a pattern on wrapping paper and traced it onto the rug and cut my own big one piece mat for the second/third row.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
reynola said:
those floor mats do look pretty nice, but for about $25 I bought one of those 10 x 10 remnants at the local big box dept store and I cut out a pattern on wrapping paper and traced it onto the rug and cut my own big one piece mat for the second/third row.
Would love to see a pic of that :thumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some pics of the floor mats in my 2009. We went with the darker gray to contrast a little and hide the dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The first two pics below are a closeup of the captains chairs in the second row. I took the old front floor mats and cut them to cover the front and side of the tracks that was not covered by the new mats.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.