GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen any discussion about if the seats can be removed and if so, how easy it is to do so. My Acadia on order has the buckets in the middle row and I was curious about how easy it is to reconfigure it for carrying more stuff/less kids.

This is a feature on my caravan that I liked, and I also liked that the rear seat could be relocated in the middle position on that vehicle. In fact, the Caravan bench seat has wheels on it to assist in removing and replacing it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Well, anything can be removed with the right tools and determination ;D...but no, the seats are not meant to be removable. They fold flat to create an even cargo area.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The owner's manual includes instructions for removing the rear bench seat. This involves removing some bolts. I haven't seen anything about removing the middle bench/captains chairs, but I assume it can be done. I'm fairly certain the rear bench cannot be relocated to the middle row.

Kelly

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to be using tools to remove seats. Perhaps they'll cosider this kind of feature in a future model year.

Chrysler spent a lot of money on this kind of feature, but I always said that I'd have given up the "stow and go" seating convenience in a minute if they would just put as much effort into correcting the transmission problems that plague their vehicles.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
bobboots said:
Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to be using tools to remove seats. Perhaps they'll cosider this kind of feature in a future model year.

Chrysler spent a lot of money on this kind of feature, but I always said that I'd have given up the "stow and go" seating convenience in a minute if they would just put as much effort into correcting the transmission problems that plague their vehicles.
Being a '97 Grand Caravan owner with a transmission that crapped out at 82k miles, and a former '91 Dodge Spirit owner with a tranny that conked at 60k, I'll say "amen" to that last statement.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Most CUVs have done away with the concept of removable seats once they got the fold flat technology down. Seems like the removable features was a stopgap solution. I rode in a coworker's Toyota sienna today (not sure what year it is, but I'd guess at least 6 years old) and the middle row didn't "stow-n-go", didn't slide, barely folded and made it nearly impossible to get to the 3rd row. Man have cars come a long way in just a handful of years!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
admin said:
Most CUVs have done away with the concept of removable seats once they got the fold flat technology down. Seems like the removable features was a stopgap solution.
We once had a Nissan Quest minivan. It had "removable" bucket seats in the middle row. Problem was, they weighed a ton and were horribly awkward to pick up and move. I was so glad to discover fold flat seats when I bought my MDX.

Kelly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts