GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 09 Acadia and in the brochure for the 09 it states heated mirrors are standard. However, I don't think I have heated mirrors and was wondering if any 09 SLE owners have had weather that required them to try to see if they have them. My paperwork doesn't mention heated mirrors. Just the 09 Acadia brochure I got from the dealer. GMC rep is going to call me between 3-5 pm today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

Does the mirror glass have an icon etched into it? I'll try and find a picture to insert.

Look at this one in the upper right corner:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

No it does not have that. I even turned the rear defroster on to see in anything shows, since on my rendevous that is how you turn on the heated mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

That's strange - the manufacturer's Acadia brochure that I have also shows heated mirrors are standard on the SLE. Hope you get it resolved!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

I have an '07 SLE and it has heated mirrors. Has the little symbol on them such as Mr. Blue posted and they are turned on by turning on the rear-defroster as you stated. Hope you get that one figured out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

Just got off the phone with gmc customer service. They said, O, 09 SLE not come with heated mirrors. We are investigating your information about the booklet.. They asked what would be the outcome you would like, I said heated mirrors. They said, probably not possible. Will call you back. He also said no open recalls on your vehicle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

jerhey said:
Just got off the phone with gmc customer service. They said, O, 09 SLE not come with heated mirrors. We are investigating your information about the booklet.. They asked what would be the outcome you would like, I said heated mirrors. They said, probably not possible. Will call you back. He also said no open recalls on your vehicle.
I'm almost certain a member here added heated mirrors to their SLE; if I remember correctly the wiring is there for heat, but not turn signals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

That would be a big buzzkill. I would definitely take it to the dealer with the brochure and say, "You guys owe me some heated mirrors." (well, probably in a bit more diplomatic fashion, but still).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

jerhey said:
I bought the 09 Acadia and in the brochure for the 09 it states heated mirrors are standard. However, I dont think I have heated mirrors and was wondering if any 09 SLE owners have had weather that required them to try to see if they have them. My paperwork doesnt mention heated mirrors. Just the 09 Acadia brochure I got from the dealer. GMC rep is going to call me between 3-5 pm today.
How long have you had the Acadia? If it has been less then a month you should be getting a call about customer satisfaction. My 09 brochure also states standard heated mirrors,manual folding with the SLE. Stick with it and see what they will do. I complained that the cargo cover and net didn't come with my SLT 2. They said it was dropped and it was according to the distribution notes on line but to this day it is still listed as standard equipment with the SLT 2 along with the discontinued heated washer fluid system on the GMC site. I even received a complaint number from GM asking them to correct their web site and nothing was done. :angryfire: They have their money and thats all they care about. It is a real shame.

Bobby
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

DeForger said:
How long have you had the Acadia? If it has been less then a month you should be getting a call about customer satisfaction. My 09 brochure also states standard heated mirrors,manual folding with the SLE. Stick with it and see what they will do. I complained that the cargo cover and net didn't come with my SLT 2. They said it was dropped and it was according to the distribution notes on line but to this day it is still listed as standard equipment with the SLT 2 along with the discontinued heated washer fluid system on the GMC site. I even received a complaint number from GM asking them to correct their web site and nothing was done. :angryfire: They have their money and thats all they care about. It is a real shame.

Bobby
Maybe you guys have the SLT-1 brochure; standard heated mirrors; I don't even think you can option up those mirrors on an SLE

Oh, one other thing, when did they start offering 20's as an option; see below; cut from build your own Acadia from gmc.com

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT

Wheels, 20" 6 double-spoke chrome wheels. Not available with 20" 6 thin double-spoke chrome wheels, 20" 8-spoke chrome wheels or 20" 12-spoke chrome wheels. Dealer installed option.

$3,920

Wheels, 20" 6 thin double-spoke chrome wheels. Not available with 20" 6 double-spoke chrome wheels, 20" 8-spoke chrome wheels or 20" 12-spoke chrome wheels. Dealer installed option.

$3,920

Wheels, 20" 8-spoke chrome wheels. Not available with 20" 6 double-spoke chrome wheels, 20" 6 thin double-spoke chrome wheels or 20" 12-spoke chrome wheels. Dealer installed option.

$3,920

Wheels, 20" 12-spoke chrome wheels. Not available with 20" 6 double-spoke chrome wheels, 20" 6 thin double-spoke chrome wheels or 20" 8-spoke chrome wheels. Dealer installed option.

$3,920
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

my 08 sle has 'em...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

jason952 said:
my 08 sle has 'em...
you bought them as an upgrade when purchased?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Re: SLE 09 Acadia

What a ripoff for those 20" wheels & tires! For my Challenger I bought a set of wider aftermarket alloy wheels and W speed rated high end tires for about $1500. It is even worse if you don't keep the stock wheels & tires for this price.

Most of the time on options or equipment like heated mirrors in brochures it may say in a footnote something like late availability, meaning it will be added after production started. I have a 2009 sales brochure that I got from a local dealer several months ago. It says on page 26 that the SLE includes:
Mirrors Outside heated power adjustable, black manual folding mirrors.

I didn't see any foot notes for this option.

I also checked the online order/reference guide (link is in Blues Clues) PDFs I downloaded. One is from 06-27-08, so it is pre-production. The SLE shows this for a standard mirror:
DL6 Mirrors, outside power-adjustable, Black

It does not say heated.

The standard mirror for the SLT1 is:
DS3 Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding with integrated turn signal indicators.

I then checked the PDF files I have dated 7-18-08 and 7-25-08 and 8-1-08, as well as the current online version dated 2-20-09 and they were all the same for the mirrors.

I'd say this is a misprint in the sales brochure. Another question is, do any other 2009 SLE models have the heated mirrors? They do not show as being an option or available for the SLE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
GMC website for SLE says: Mirrors, outside power-adjustable, Black
Acadia Sales Brochure says for SLE : Outside heated power-adjustable, black, manual-folding mirrors

I agree, i think the sales brochure is a misprint.
When looking at SLE a few weeks ago, I don't remember seeing them with heated mirrors...
I got an SLT1...and I see the heated-mirror symbol when I check for cars next to me while driving...

my $0.02

- Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Here are some more threads about the heated mirrors:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4334.0--bradgmc says they are standard on his 08 SLE ???

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3584.0--raven says her 07 SLE has the heated symbol

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=895.0--admin talks about heated mirrors as well

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5142.0--wfyehl says his base 07 SLE has heated mirrors

So now I'm not sure what is exactly going on here; seems like most of these replies are from 07 SLE owners that have heated side mirrors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Yeah, that's the one thing I actually miss the most on the 2009 deletions.
I never had heated side mirrors, but I was looking forward to getting them on the Acadia.
Oh well, the DI engine makes up for 'em all :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Yeah, that's the one thing I actually miss the most on the 2009 deletions.
I never had heated side mirrors, but I was looking forward to getting them on the Acadia.
Oh well, the DI engine makes up for 'em all :thumb:
I haven't used my heated mirrors, but then again I live in sunny AZ; I do wish I had the DI engine; oh well I love my B/G Acadia just the way she is; built on my wedding anniversary........no how weird is that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
jsimms said:
Here are some more threads about the heated mirrors:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4334.0--bradgmc says they are standard on his 08 SLE ???

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3584.0--raven says her 07 SLE has the heated symbol

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=895.0--admin talks about heated mirrors as well

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5142.0--wfyehl says his base 07 SLE has heated mirrors

So now I'm not sure what is exactly going on here; seems like most of these replies are from 07 SLE owners that have heated side mirrors
It was standard on my 2007 SLE. I've never had this feature on a car before and it's something that I've learned to really like in the winters around here!

From the sound of it, and from what Copperhead posted just after yours, this is just one of those things that went the way of the spare tire on the 2009 SLE. Oh wait, at least the spare tire is still an available option...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the followup call from GMC. Answer, were sorry for inconvience, 2009 SLE even though the brochure says standard heated mirrors, does not come with heated mirrors, and blah, blah. We have recorded the problem. Answer I expected, but still got mad. Anyway end of story, apparently. At least I still get to fill out my customer satisfaction form.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top