GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have leased my last three cars and have gotten pretty good deals each time by negotiating the price of the car first and then calculating the lease rate based on money factor and residual.

Interestingly, my 2002 GMC Yukon lease payment was $568 a month on a $33,000 vehicle. My payment on my 2004 Toyota Sequoia was $501 per month on a $35,000 vehicle. Both terms were $0 down, 36 months, 12K miles per year.

I would like to lease an Acadia but am afraid that my payments will jump to way over $600 per month. Is it actually better to buy an Acadia than to lease it? Anyone know if GMC will be offering more attractive lease rates in Nov.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are other financial entities that will handle a lease for you, if GMAC isn't offering what you want. How did you determine that GMAC would be that high, by using the financial tools on the website, the salesman at the dealer told you, or what?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just took delivery of a Saturn Outlook and leased through GMAC.
The purchase price was 33,546
$0 down, 39 months, 15K miles
Base Payment=518.55 tax=36.30 Total=554.85

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not actually crunched any real lease numbers with a salesperson yet -- I'm still trying to find the Acadia with the options and color I want!

I'm making some assumptions on a lease rate based on another message board which helps people determine money factors and residual values for specific models of cars. Also, just based on people posting what their payments are or what they have been quoted.

I'm about ready to order one if I can order it at invoice.....yeah, right!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Federico,

Your montly lease rate is exactly what I would like on an Acadia, however, your purchase price is a lot lower than mine would be because I'm getting AWD and a few other options such as DVD and Convenience package.

Also, not sure if the leasing rates are better for Saturns.

Thanks for sharing your figures. That helps.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
It all depends on cash back, incentives and your negotiated puchase price.

I got mine in Feb 07.

Fully loaded SLT-2 AWD. Sticker was $44k I think. My purchase price was $200 over invoice with no adv(local or national) added in.

I got $1500 in Conquest and bonus cash and $700 in GM Card earnings. On a lease, that counts as a cap cost reduction(read:down payment).

At signing I put down tax (36mo lease - $1400), first payment(required), acq/bank fee($695 - required). So around $2600. They waived sec dep. Ohhhh, gee thanks.

My payments are $534/mo for 36 months. If I didn't have the extra cash and Gm earnings it wold have been up in the $600's

This was the best deal anywhere when I looked in Jan and I bought a car from this dealer before. Don;t know how the rates compare to now.

With GM, there is always some free cash or cash back being floated about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, NY-Joe.

Wow, you did get a good deal. Unfortunately, I missed the boat on a $2000 coupon I received from GMC towards the purchase of a new vehicle or lease which expired Sept. 29!

I haven't been able to find any other cash-back incentives for GMC right now. If anyone knows of any, I'd be happy to hear about it!

Did you get this type of deal on an in-stock model or did you order yours?

By the way, sorry that my Red Sox won't get to play your Yankees.....was kind of looking forward to it...

·
Registered
362 Posts
baseballmom94 said:
I'm about ready to order one if I can order it at invoice.....yeah, right!
We ordered our '08 at invoice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The money factor on GMC was at about 8% last I knew, so their payments are high accordingly. We were given $580 on an SLT1 with DVD player...and that is GM employee pricing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealer in Columbus, Ohio just quoted me $1000 over invoice on a 2008 Acadia....wouldn't budge on price. Okay, I'll shop elsewhere -- I was trying to give my local dealer a chance.

Also, quoted a lease payment of $728 on a 36 month lease......are you kidding me??? :eek: I'm currently paying $501 a month on a Sequoia which is much better built.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts