GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the dealers in the Detroit 'burbs currently has 22 Acadias on the lot. I'm keeping track to see how long they last. The Enclaves here in SW Ohio aren't selling very well. I think of lot of that is due to the dealership not budging from MSRP. I know for a fact that two dealerships in my area want sticker...even after I told them that I could go elsewhere (outside my area) and get them for much cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
The two dealers between where I work have 10 and 13 in stock as of last Saturday. I went with a friend to look at an Enclave. Maybe folks are waiting on the 2008.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
all the acadias i have seen are pretty much base models w/o sunroofs and most people pretty much want them loaded. especially here in california where sunroofs are used nearly all year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I'm in a small town of few miles north of Houston. They can't keep them on the lot here. Many people (including myself) are ordering.

That sucks about the MSRP. My dealer gave me about $1000 off MSRP. That was within 4$ of what Edmunds says the going price is. Top that off with the $1000 Conquest Bonus Cash and I feel like I got a pretty good deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Well we only have official sales numbers through the beginning of June, but up until then, they were selling VERY quickly. With the impending 08s right around the corner, I wouldn't be shocked to see a slight lull this month, but not by a lot. Any dealers/sales people here want to comment on how the Acadias are selling this month?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
From my searches of 3 dealers in my area, there is plenty of inventory of Acadia's waiting for a home. There are not many Enclaves on the lot in comparison but they are still available on the lot, granted the Acadia has 6 more months of production. I placed an order for an Enclave but was wondering if dealers are still not budging on prices for the Acadia?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I bought mine on Memorial Day. The dealer had five on that date. The other four are still on his lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
They are flying at my dealer. For a while, they put one "under glass" inside so they could keep one to talk about...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
The dealer I went to couldn't even get new ones in, so he found 3 "PRE-OWNED" :beer:. Yeah I said preowned, you know the ones that were dealer demo's and driven like they weren't owned. They still wanted really close to full sticker. I told him he was crazy and I would wait until later too order an 08. I know I could order now but the wife still doesn't know exactly what she wants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm very fortunate to have Detroit 4 hours up the road. They are selling for $1000 below invoice...and that is the advertised price. If Dayton/Cincy dealers won't deal, then I'll take my business into enemy territory...just won't buy from any dealer in Ann Arbor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I got lucky with mine. Sure it was fully loaded but I got it for $500 over INVOICE (which was still a large chunk of change).

Plus we got $500 cash back incentive, $1000 cash back GM conquest incentive, $1000 trade in for a 1996 Grand Am, and $1250 cash off from our GM Card points for a grand total of $3750 off which basically covered my NY State taxes! :angryfire:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I was able to order a 2008 in a cash deal for 1% over invoice + $90 in doc fees. Comes out to about $450 on an SLT2 w/ sunroof, HUD, 2nd console and 19" wheels. BTW - as of this week according to my dealer, the ordering system is accepting orders for vehicles with the 2nd console, but I don't know yet when mine will be preferenced for production (2500).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I was in for service the other day on my Acadia. The service guy told me they delivered a total of seven of them last week. They only have 1 Acadia and 1 Enclave on the lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
My dealer still has the remaining 3 07's when I bought mine. There is an additional 3 08's as well.
The other dealer 15miles away has 10 07's. I've been wondering why I can't see other Acadias in my area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
kram said:
My dealer still has the remaining 3 07's when I bought mine. There is an additional 3 08's as well.
The other dealer 15miles away has 10 07's. I've been wondering why I can't see other Acadias in my area.
Your dealer already has '08s on his lot? Where are you located?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
loach said:
kram said:
My dealer still has the remaining 3 07's when I bought mine. There is an additional 3 08's as well.
The other dealer 15miles away has 10 07's. I've been wondering why I can't see other Acadias in my area.
Your dealer already has '08s on his lot? Where are you located?
I'm in Montgomery County, PA. I'm also interested to check it out. I have been checking their WEBSITE and was surprised to see the inventory of 08's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
kram said:
loach said:
kram said:
My dealer still has the remaining 3 07's when I bought mine. There is an additional 3 08's as well.
The other dealer 15miles away has 10 07's. I've been wondering why I can't see other Acadias in my area.
Your dealer already has '08s on his lot? Where are you located?
I'm in Montgomery County, PA. I'm also interested to check it out. I have been checking their WEBSITE and was surprised to see the inventory of 08's.
Could be in-transit units. Sometimes units show up in dealer inventories on the websites as soon as they're invoiced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
loach said:
kram said:
loach said:
kram said:
My dealer still has the remaining 3 07's when I bought mine. There is an additional 3 08's as well.
The other dealer 15miles away has 10 07's. I've been wondering why I can't see other Acadias in my area.
Your dealer already has '08s on his lot? Where are you located?
I'm in Montgomery County, PA. I'm also interested to check it out. I have been checking their WEBSITE and was surprised to see the inventory of 08's.
Could be in-transit units. Sometimes units show up in dealer inventories on the websites as soon as they're invoiced.
I was just going to say that, there were multiple times I visited a dealer that had inventory listed but was not on the lot, was told they were units ordered and they were expecting, sometimes they were also sold units. They just want to get you into the dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
I'll check them out when i go for service on Monday.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top