GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mac and Joe's has a great burger too, I still love to stop in and have one with a cold beer. Miami/OSU hockey games come my way in Columbus now and then and I try to go. I too, have a 7 year old, and I think he'd like it just fine. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I applied the Zaino to the Acadia this weekend. I did not do the whole process like some have done, but it looks great!! I used the ZAIO as the first coat immediately followed up by Z2 for the 2nd coat. For the black cladding and the tires I used Z-16.

In spite of the manual saying not to use any conditioners on the leather, has anyone tried the Zaino conditioners on the Acadia leather?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gar, try topping that combo off with some Z-8 and you wont believe the results. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
JF7FSU - I don't have any Z8, but I could get some. Have you ever used the ZCS? When you use your Z8, do you put it on your black cladding too? Here is a picture I took with my phone after I waxed it. It's not the best quality, but I took it because I thought it was interesting how I could see my wife's car so clearly in the reflection of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
GAR said:
JF7FSU - I don't have any Z8, but I could get some. Have you ever used the ZCS? When you use your Z8, do you put it on your black cladding too? Here is a picture I took with my phone after I waxed it. It's not the best quality, but I took it because I thought it was interesting how I could see my wife's car so clearly in the reflection of mine.
I use the ZCS on the black semi gloss panels between the front and back windows but I do not use on the plastic cladding, I use the Zaino tire gloss on these and it does a great job, last long too. I also use the ZCS on the 19" wheels, makes them shine up nice (after all dirt and brake dust washed off), and I use it on the windows too, gives them a nice clear shine, especially the black tinted ones. I little bit goes a long way. You cannot use this to clean the windows but just as a protectant after they are cleaned.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Is Draino really that much better than my AIO?

·
Registered
88 Posts
GAR said:
I don't use ZCS but I it seems like it is worth a try. I don't put Z-8 on anything black just go over anything you put Z-2 on. I initially did not think Z-8 would improve the cars shine too much but boy was I wrong. The car looks good but hard to tell from the camera picture.

·
Registered
88 Posts
teetertotter said:
Teeter: I think Zaino is better than everything out there. The only product I have ever heard mentioned in the same breath as Zaino is Menzerna. I have heard some good things about Klasse but testing has shown Zaino to be a superior product by several magazines.

Zaino makes an AIO that kicks a**.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
JF7FSU said:
I was skeptical about the ZAIO, but I agree with this statement. If all you want to do is apply one coat that cleans, polishes, and seals, AND is VERY easy to wipe off with a towel, then ZAIO is an excellent option.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
JF7FSU said:
teetertotter said:
Teeter: I think Zaino is better than everything out there. The only product I have ever heard mentioned in the same breath as Zaino is Menzerna. I have heard some good things about Klasse but testing has shown Zaino to be a superior product by several magazines.

I am looking for longest lasting protection. between having to apply another coat to metal. If Zaino is petro based, I would not consider changing. I would then keep using my acrylic base for all the plastic on the car. Something like that. It would be nice if there were some independent lab test results for longest hold up against the elements with Zaino, AIO and Menerna + couple others. I"m not convinced to change to something other than acrylic base for LONG lasting shine. I'm lazy.....deep shine does not interest me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The last time I detailed my Red Jewel Acadia was back in April a month after I bought it, it was my first time using Zaino - with the twin 18 month olds and a 3 1/2 year old I do not have much time after work to clean my car, I actually went two months without washing it, it was a long dry summer, lots of dust and dirt on the vehicle. This past weekend I got to wash it, I am still in awe at how well it shines and how well the water still beads on the surface even after almost 6 months with out a waxing (I have used Z-6 and Tire Gloss but no wax). Compared to products I purchased in the past from the store (Eagle One or Meguires) this Zaino really last a long time.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I do not get to detail more often, I used to wax every two months of so in the past. I am hoping it gets better as the kids get older, but I have a bad feeling ;) But at least with Zaino I do not have to do it as often. :thumb:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Your free time will only lessen as your kids get older. You'll be transporting them to soccer, boy/girl scouts, friend's houses, other activities that you have to stay for. I once thought as you did. But I learned quickly that your free time goes DOWN as your kids get older.

And it's not necessarily a bad thing...the soccer and gymnastics are fun...get to mingle with adults.

·
Registered
681 Posts
fenwah said:
Your free time will only lessen as your kids get older. You'll be transporting them to soccer, boy/girl scouts, friend's houses, other activities that you have to stay for. I once thought as you did. But I learned quickly that your free time goes DOWN as your kids get older.

And it's not necessarily a bad thing...the soccer and gymnastics are fun...get to mingle with adults.
I had a bad feeling :eek:hno: - Actually I agree it will be fun, tonight is my 3 1/2 years olds first karate class, it should be fun to see how he responds, hopefully he will get all his energy out their and not unload all his energy on his little bro and sis at night. :beer:

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have fraternal twins! Looks sweet on that cocoa.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
teetertotter said:
I"m not convinced to change to something other than acrylic base for LONG lasting shine. I'm lazy.....deep shine does not interest me.
I waxed my dark blue 2001 Montana with 2 coats of Zaino. After 18 months, it was still beading and felt slick like a nicely waxed finish. The Montana was a garage kept car, was only driven 8500 miles per year, and rarely went out in the snow/salt. It sat out in the sun very little, so it might not be the best example.

I just finished waxing my 2004 Orange Vibe with Zaino a couple weeks ago. This will be the real test. It never gets the garage, and is in the sun almost 100% of the time. It is the commuter car and will see all the elements. I wish I could tell you know how long it will last, but I am confident it will be longer than average.

If you have a wax that is lasting you over 6 months already, and are happy with it, I am not sure I would suggest changing. Heck, I would not switch from Zaino if you were trying to sell something else. :) Good luck with your wax decision and hopefully whatever you decide will minimize how often you are doing the work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Zainoites? Is Zaino only available from their website? I am away from home for 3 weeks and I want to polish up my new Lambda. Is there any AIO available at Autozone, Napa, etc that I cab use until I can order some Zaino?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Negative on that Houston. Zaino is only available by mail or web unless you live in Joisey. I know they were talking about franchising at one point but never heard anything about it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thinking of trying this, but really CORN-fused. Seems like there is a lot of products to choose from, and unsure of the steps. Time is no issue as I want it done right. HELP!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well you've all convinced me to give it a try. :)

21 - 40 of 63 Posts