GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just wanted to comment on how great this product is. This is the first time I have used this but have detailed cars before using Meguiars, Zymol and Klasse. I found the Zaino products more superior in that the shine is ultra deep and the reflective properties are nothing short of amazing. Pictures do not do it any justice but I will post some. Notice the details in the reflections. I also have noticed that my Acadia does not appear to attract as much dust either. A bit more expensive than other products but highly recommended. Looks better today than when it came out of the showroom. They say it looks great on a dark vehicle. Still brought out the shine on my 15 yr. old red acura integra.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Zaino sure shines!! I wonder if it really really compares to the German Klasse Acrylic AIO + sealant system? Maybe we are partial? :cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks really great Moose. I agree that the Zaino products are the best. Over the years we have had close to 30 vehicles and used many products but Zaino has them all beat. (my opinion ;D) Also agree that with it's use, the vehicles seem to say a lot cleaner, dust & dirt seems to slide off it. We have a black '08 and it stays pretty clean.

I used to have a '92 Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Red) that we started using the Zaino on and even though it was always garaged, washed and waxed, the paint had started to fade some. Zaino had a line of products for the older cars (before
clearcoat) and we bought those and it was like a brand new car. I ended up keeping it until it was 12 yrs. old - loved that car.

We used it on my G35 also and the day we sold it (age 4) it still had the showroom shine. Love Zaino!! We don't use anything else on our vehicles.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I've been using Zaino on my cars for a few years now and just tried their new product this past weekend on one of my other cars. I used their new ZAIO (All in one). It's a cleaner/polish/protectant that can be used as a one step process, or can be followed up immediately with the Z5 or Z2. It does not require the Z1 first coat and does not require the ZFX flash cure additive to be used with the Z2 or Z5.

To you non Zaino folks, all those Z numbers can be confusing so here is a link. http://www.zainostore.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is a timely post! That WDT Acadia looks real good! Just what I needed to get me motivated for today's project.

I havn't detailed a vehicle in many years. Just a quick wash and wax with what ever looked good at the auto parts store.

Then I bought my Outlook. White Diamond Tri-coat like your Acadia. And I researched these forums on detailing it. I had never heard of Zaino but saw a lot of good posts on it. I bought the Zaino Ultimate Kit and started yesterday. Washed with Dawn, cleaned with the clay bar, then washed with Z7, then ran out of time.
Today I will finish it. My plan is to go with 3 coats of Z2 w/ ZFX. Then a final buff with Z6. I bought the ZCS but havn't decided if I will use that on trim only or on the whole vehicle.

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The process I used was to first wash the car with normal auto soap. Then I clayed the Acadia. I was suprised on how much contaminants the clay picked up as I thought I kept the truck in pristine condition. Now the surface is silky smooth. Next I washed with Dawn to strip the old wax. Then I applied alternating two coats of each Z5 and Z2 with a wipe down of Z6 in between and after the final coat of Z2. I also used to activator ZFX to help speed the cure time. It's alot of work but it certainly worth it. Like I said before the finish is amazing, mirror like. The pictures really don't do it any justice. And the feel of the paint is so smooth, the micro fibre cloths don't even stay when I threw it on the hood. Good Luck and Happy Detailing

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm a Zaino convert as well.

I washed with Dawn (2 bucket method of course), Used Z-AIO, then Z-2, then Z-8. I also used the Ultimate Detailing Machine (UDM) similar to the Porter Cable polisher.

I will not use any other product than Zaino ever again. I have a closet full of crap I am trying to give away. You need nothing else then Zaino.

Zaino. Zaino. Zaino!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
The two things I worry about sounding like a zealot are my iMac and Zaino products. I've been using Zaino for years, and no matter what brand of car I've had I get compliments on the pain quality. The secret is the transparency and optical quality, which improves the look of any car. Just an opinion of course, but I really love the stuff, and my red jewel paint looks unbeliveable. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I am now a Zaino convert. Yes, it is a bit of work but my WDT Outlook looks great.
Today I applied two coats of Z2 with each coat followed by wiping with Z6. I finished with a coat of ZCS. In fact I used the ZCS on all the plastic cladding on the front, sides and rear. It came out great!
I was planning on 3 coats of Z2 but I ran out of towels, time and energy. Took me about 7 hours, with some breaks for cooling down. I used the Z2 on the wheels and the Zaino tire dressing on the tires. Stoners Window Cleaner cleaned up the windows and now I have a very clean and shiny Outlook.
I did note that the gloss level might have went down a tad after applying the ZCS but I went with it to increase durability. Hard to tell with a light color like the WDT.
Since this was my first time using Zaino I was worried about using too much or too little. What I did to measure how much was on the application pad was to wipe a piece of chrome now and then. That helped to see how often I needed to reapply a dab of Z2. Used about 3 Ozs.
Thanks for starting this thread!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Sounds like they may have made some improvements with Zaino finish that does not give you the plastic finish look like applying Turtle Wax 2001 vinyl cleaner to your dashboard. I like a nice durable finish myself that only requires a couple coats of sealant once or twice a year in our harsh environment. The Klasse AIO acrylic products work on vinyl and keeps clear plastic from yellowing too. Also is recommended to use on side and rear windows. But everyone has there little nitch with what products they use and works best for them.

Some prefer straight wax due to the deep shine...etc... but have to use particularly every couple months if you drive the vehicle every day. . Sure is not for me as prefer low maintenance. I appreciate you Zaino lovers for the plastic look. No, no, just kidding!! :cheers: :blob:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and top with Pinnacle Souveran carnauba paste wax.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I love it! Every month or so, Zaino pops back up on here and there are a few more converts. I've been using Zaino for several years now and haven't bought anything else since I tried it. Other than a few paint chips, my 2005 Black G35 coupe looks better today than it did rolling off the lot in Feb 05!

BTW, several of you have mentioned using Z6. I know it's more expensive, but NO product in the Zaino line has been more improved (or will do more for your final look) than Z8 Grand Finale. If you haven't done it yet, do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle of Z8 in your next order. Once you see it, the Z6 looks absolutely pedestrian!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ditto on the Z-8 Grand Finale. I also want to mention a new product I tried called "Hydro" by Prima. It is a crossover polymer that you spray on a wet car and dry with your microfiber finishing towel after you wash while wet and it coats your car and keeps it fresh between waxes during a regular wash. Prima makes some other good products but this is the only non-Zaino stuff I use regularly. It really works, I picked up on it from a North American Mini board someone on here posted in another thread. It works well with Z-2 or Z-5 since it is a polymer. It will NOT work well with Carnuba or other natural waxes since it won't bond.

http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?Id=N520-Z069015135196-U824-V20060915170815

·
Registered
425 Posts
My Zaino shipment is arriving at my house tomorrow. I am planning on staying up all night Friday night to work on it.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
We're in the middle of a severe drought here in northern VA and my county has a water restriction - no watering your lawns and no washing your car... two weeks and counting. Both my cars are filthy :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the Z8 is as good as you say. It will be definitely be included in my next order as I am sold on Zaino. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got my Zaino a day earlier than expected. I opened the box and my wife's jaw just hit the floor. I got the ultimate car kit...and it's loaded with all the different Zaino goodies. She thinks I'm nuts. I on the other hand figure that if I'm going to spend huge bucks on a new vehicle that I plan on keeping for the next 10-12 years, then by golly I'm going to take care of it like she's a part of the family.

I have a date with my car come Friday night...quite possibly an all nighter. I'm in a golf scramble Saturday morning...so the six pack of beer before we make the turn on the first 9 will certainly keep me focused on golf. :drunk:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Fenwah, couldn't agree more. I love taking care of my car with Zaino, it enhances the ownership experience and it looks great. Your wife will love how it looks.

I spent the day in Cincinnati with some Miami grads, but I took a new Chevy Uplander fleet vehicle, no Acadia goodness. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
425 Posts
We're heading down to Oxford soon to watch some Miami hockey!!! I don't know how much my seven year old will enjoy it, but I know my two year old son will love it. We're hitting my old watering hole, Mac and Joe's as well. I really want a Miami Tradition hogey sandwich. Mmmmmmmmmm....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts