GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an AppleTV that they've tried to hook up to the rear entertainment system? It seems that since I've got power/video/audio inputs it shouldn't be that hard. The only tricky part might be getting the component video out into the jack in the console.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Doesn't an AppleTV have to be connected to the internet? Or maybe you can download to its internal hard drive and play the movies from there? I haven't used one personally, but I assume anything that can be plugged in via RCA (composite) cables would work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No sure about Apple TV either, but the rear audio/video inputs work very well with an iPod (and it's certainly a little easier to carry to and from the car). I have a cable that plugs into the headphone jack and has 3 rca connectors (2 audio, 1 video) on the other end, which works perfectly with the rear entertainment system. That might be an alternative. Also, I might be concerned about whether Apple TV can handle the shocks (it's hard drive may not be suitable for banging around like a laptop).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think it would be possible considering that Apple TV only outputs video over HDMI or component (RGB cables), not composite (Yellow cable).

You can download stuff onto the internal hard drive, but even if you did manage to get it to output video I would be worried about putting it in a unstable environment such as a car. One scratch on the disks and your hard drive is gone. I used to use my iPod video to put videos on during long trips, and it worked pretty well. It's the best solution I've found for brining your videos from your computer to your car and anywhere else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.